Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday's Mantra


Stop and ask for directions
Psalm 143:9-10: Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; in You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness! 
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your favorite break-time beverage and come on int!
Have you ever taken a wrong turn and not even realize it for several miles and the only warning was this gut-deep sense of uh-oh, this doesn’t feel right? Now I don’t know about you, but when I’m driving and I get that sense that I’m going in the wrong direction, I practically do a U-turn right then and there…but not so in life. 
Have you ever made a decision and it wasn’t until weeks later, perhaps even months later that you begin to look back and recognize some warning lights that were flashing, albeit dimly? And maybe there were other hints like from a quiet husband whose eyes hurt each time you leave to go to work, wishing he were the one working, or a not so quiet attitude change from within yourself, a sort of shortness of patience, a quick temper, consistent anxiety, all because you thought you had to do what you’re doing and you didn’t really think you had a choice…so off you went, down a wrong turn! 
I mean when walking through a difficult time in life, there are times when we are faced with what seems to be a logical solution so we take it without even a second thought, let alone stopping to ask for directions from the One who knows where we are to go, how to get there and when we’ll get there.
Ugh, why is it I need screaming lights, glaring and flashing warning signals to avoid those wrong turns in the walk of faith? Sometimes I think the hardest thing to recover from is discerning incorrectly…that is until I open His love letters for me and read of others who have endured the exact same thing I have. In fact, any type of life challenge is found in this book of promises, principles and solutions, The Bible.  Here’s what I got when I put my circumstances into Psalm 143:9-10: Deliver me, Lord, from my own agenda; in You I must take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, not mine, for You are God and know what’s best for me; Your Spirit only wants to guide me to what is good!
Why is it so hard to stop and ask for directions?
Perhaps you are faced with a challenge or trial that requires you to make a turn, left, right or a complete U-turn. Will you stop and ask for directions to avoid getting lost?
Finding my way,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment