Monday, December 2, 2013

December's Weapons of Warfare and Words of Wisdom....

Words to Live by-December’s WOW from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Words to Live By
Mark 5:36
“As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”
EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Happy December! Where in the world did the year go? Oh, Father, help us to stay in these precious moments that we may draw joy and laughter from their memory in the years to follow. Well, it’s that time again, our WOW time and I don’t know about you, but I am certainly in need of some strong weapons of warfare and words of wisdom. Excuse me while I bow my head for a moment and ask which way He wants me to go with you . . . .
Okay, grab your coffee and come on in. I have a story to tell you that I have a feeling is going to take us to the book of Mark where I’ve been slowly studying. I may not actually get to our WOW today but I do and will trust Him to reveal where and what it is so let’s just say it will sort of be the blind leading the blind! Before we begin, look at the words in our WOW and carry them with you as we go.
Just last week, a friend of mine invited me to go to the gym with her. She was enjoying her week-long break from teaching and wanted to get a good workout in and then go to breakfast afterwards. The only problem was she wanted to go at 7:30 a.m.! She’s an even earlier riser than me. I am usually settled in my comfy chair about this time and doing some writing after my prayer, worship and devotional time and sort of planning out my day. I mentally prepared for the change and I did get up a little earlier so I could at least get some quiet time in. But my commitment was at the forefront of my mind running around with one question: Why in the world did I agree to do this, disrupt my normal schedule?
The plain and simple answer is I just felt it was something I was supposed to do. I mean I truly enjoy hanging out with this friend, and we hadn’t hung out in quite some time. In fact, we were sort of working our way back to spending time together, but even that wasn’t/isn’t the answer. I just felt I needed to do it. Have you ever had a peace about doing something, you know that He’s going to make it right, but still you wanted to keep with your agenda?
So there was a bit of a tug-of-war going on, but peace won and so I went. If I were honest with you, and with me, I’d have to say joy wasn’t splashing all up and out of me but a sort of curiosity was. I had this sense of expectancy, like I was to be looking for something or someone and to keep my eyes open at all times, not just the ones on my face, either!
I walked in the class that was about to start any minute and there she was with her running friends, towards the back, looking all energetic and happy, and she had saved a spot for me. :) Yay! I gave her a hug good morning. She introduced me to her friends and I greeted them, genuinely happy to meet them. I grabbed my weights and bar just as the music began, determining to get a good workout in so the negativity could sweat out.
About halfway through the class, my friend said she had to leave about fifteen minutes early to go and check on her dog. That was fine by me because my muscles were screaming at me loudly, drowning out my determination to get a good workout in. For some reason, I just couldn’t get into it for more than a few minutes at a time and I wondered if the clock’s battery was dying because the time was dragging slower than a slug! So when she began to pick up her stuff, I followed suit. We put our weights and bars away and headed out of the class.
As we began to leave, I couldn’t help but wonder, why in the world did I come this morning? Not more than thirty seconds later, that answer showed up!
Join me tomorrow for more of this story leading to our WOW.
Evinda
IMG_8444-2 blog
P.S. Do you need any sort of relational counseling? Are you in the midst of a relationship challenge? Please, join Steve and me today at 1:00 Pacific time for our last show of this year titled: How to Love Who We Love, where we give answers to tough questions people are afraid to ask or admit, and share truths that are transforming even the most difficult of relationships! It’s like 30 minutes of free counseling so if you can’t join us today, simply click on the link and follow the prompts and listen at your convenience! www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment