Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday's Word


There’s a Storm in my Head!
Mark 4:39-40: “Then He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, ‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40But He said to them, ‘Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?’”
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. It’s a great time to just “be still” and allow His words to penetrate down to our bone marrow that they may come to life in our life!  Grab your favorite beverage and your red Strand of Faith and let’s go ties some knots so that in our next storm, our faith will not unravel!
Do you ever wake up thinking? Or go to bed and have a difficult time going to sleep because the thoughts in your mind are racing their own independent race for some unseen finish line and crashing into your ability to sleep? Ugh, welcome to my world. They say it’s partly due to menopause…hmmm, look at that word backwards: pause o men! Wow, that has everything to do with this verse He gave me this week. I think He’s trying to tell me something!
The best writings are those from my heart, so I’m going to dig deep and bring this up and out to share with you with the hope and prayer that it will encourage someone in their journey. See, there’s this relationship – hmmm, I can’t even call it a relationship. In fact, over the last year or so, I’ve realized that the relationship I thought I had with them wasn’t really what I thought it was.  In fact, it’s riddled with resentments that I had no idea existed…on both sides and those erupted about two months ago. I tried with all of my might to make it right but then knew it was time to let go and let God.
See, the more these people pushed back, the bigger the chasm in my heart, the more it ruled my thoughts. The thoughts clamoring for my attention, looming over me like the mountains of Mt. Everest threatened to steal my heart away from my Mountain Mover. I mean, relationships are the core of our existence and can be all consuming and cause an internal storm that controls external actions.  So that’s where I was in my head and heart with this very important relationship until about a week ago. And yes, I’ve spent much time on my knees pouring out to my Mountain Mover, asking Him to change me, help me to understand them and to build the bridge towards reconciliation. I did not ask for restoration because what was there before wasn’t healthy. 
I love taking God at His word, speaking His words into my life’s circumstances, and watching it come to life…and WORK! After weeks of mind-screwing this situation, trying desperately to understand, validate so we could negotiate, I finally was able to say, “Peace, be still,” and the storm in my heart and head subsided. And whenever the wind of thoughts threaten to come upon me again, I think of Jesus inquiring of my faith and asking me why am I so fearful…and the threat of the storm goes away and once again, I remain still…and waiting for His divine intervention that will reconcile my love for them to them!
Faith-ing through the journey,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment