Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Nondenominational Gift-Conclusion for March WOW-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit PowerHappy day to you and thanks for taking time to take a break in the midst of what I’m sure is a busy schedule! Grab your coffee and let’s get back to the conclusion to this month’s WOW, The Nondenominational Gift!

Since this has been rather lengthy — :)   — here’s the WOW again to refresh our memories and hearts: Romans 10:11-13: For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

I’m so thankful that He led me to these verses because I know I’ve been guilty at times of pointing fingers at denominations I thought were off base but recent experience on the other end of this issue has taught me how that grieves His heart. It’s definitely no fun when others question your beliefs and accuse you of being in a wrong denomination because of their perception of that denomination and/or lack of understanding based on what others have told them. And yet, I can honestly say that this experience has led me deeper into His Letters for answers!

The day after this actually happened to me, I had an awe-inspiring conversation with a new friend, CPM’s landlord, if you will, who also happens to be the founder of C.S. Lewis Foundation. I shared my recent experience with him and also asked him some very important questions. I have a lot of respect for this guy and after this conversation wherein I feel Abba spoke through him, I came away with a much lighter heart, and another knot in my strand of faith as well as a deeper conviction for the ministry He has given us.

Stan said, “You want to know why we named our organization C.S. Lewis?” He didn’t wait for me to answer. “It’s not because he was an amazing writer, which he was. It’s not because he was a brilliant man, but we all know that he was. It’s because he transcended all denominations. His philosophy was, let’s major in the majors and minor in the minors. In other words, let’s stick to what we agree on, i.e. the major issues of salvation, and leave the minor stuff for the theologians.”

My heart lit up with understanding because that is exactly the mission of CPM, to inspire others toward the reality of the necessity of the love and grace of our Savior in their journey; that they may work out their salvation! It’s a heart matter, and though there is some pretty weird stuff out there in many denominations, it’s not our place to judge them, point fingers at them or shy away from them as if they have a plague or are some creature from Mars. Get in the Word and become stronger in your own faith, your own relationship, and your own salvation; don’t get trapped in the arguments and detours of denomination!

I’m so thankful for our Nondenominational Savior!

Evinda

IMG_8444-2 blog
P.S. Join us for more of Breaking Free From Co-Dependency, our Blog Talk Radio Show live at 1:00 P.M. Eastern time! www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power 

No comments:

Post a Comment