Friday, May 1, 2015

Faith Filled Fridays From Croley’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Wow, can you believe it’s already May 1st? If this is your first time to Faith filled Friday, welcome. I hope this day has already found you rejoicing. Grab your coffee, journal and let’s see what He has for us today.
My oldest granddaughter Jordan came to stay with us for a few days and during that time she would go with me on my prayer walks. She asked me why I came to this particular spot and I told her I can overlook the valley and be at peace and hear from the Lord and it’s my time to talk to Him as well. She was happy with the answer. We stood there for a few minutes then decided to move on.
As we walked back home she started picking up rocks. She soooo LOVES rocks. There were so many different sizes and colors. She was in rock heaven. Her little pockets were stuffed and overflowing, and in addition, her hands were just as full. She asked if I wouldn’t mind helping her carry some back to the house because if there were any boulders I’d find a way to carry them. I answered her: of course, I’d be happy too.
I suggested to her, however, Jordan, why don’t you get just a few and leave the rest behind. She simply answered: “Well, Tutu, each one is special. They have different colors and some are just really unusual and I can’t just leave them.” I could see her heart and where this was going.
She wanted to inspect each one when we got home and soon she realized how heavy these small rocks became in her pockets. She said, “You know, if you could somehow melt these all together, wouldn’t that be awesome? It would make one big rock with multiple colors”!
I said, “Yes, it would be awesome…but each rock has its own significance and each one if fitted together just right would make a pretty good foundation.
So started the thought …the rock!
We represent, by our confession the type of person on which the true church is built on.
The Rock is what Jesus is referring to in Matt 16:18: “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.”… Jesus refers to Himself as the rock.
A rock is a symbol of strength and immovability it also was a place in the Old Testament where people in danger often took refuge. God is depicted as the Rock of Israel, being the strength, security and deliverance for his people.
Where do we run to when our lives begin to become weighty?
There’s no excuse for us as believers. We may be barraged and seemingly bombarded by the enemy and honestly we too can be our own worst enemy. Sometimes all he has to do is plant a little itty bitty seed and then we run amuck filling our minds like my granddaughter did with her rocks, and they became too heavy. We find ourselves flailing our arms and running in a mad circle, going nowhere but into confusion and defeat!
Christ has given to us a sure foundation, yet it’s up to us whether we continue to build on it or allow the foundation to become unsettled which can cause a shifting and cracking.
Ask yourself this question: What or who is prevailing against you? Remember, you have that choice to allow it to “prevail over you” or “you to prevail against it!” Conquer! Overcome! Get the better of it! Win through it! Be victorious!
Acts19:20: “So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed...Prevail and Carry the day. Make it a great weekend; keep Him close to your heart….
Until next week,
Debbie Croley Pic
Love Deb.

No comments:

Post a Comment