Monday, May 11, 2015

Jenn's Journey from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning! I hope the weekend has you refreshed for another busy week. For you moms out there, I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day that celebrated all you do! As moms, and parents, we are busy building lives…and it can get overwhelming at times can't it? Join me today as I reflect on this.
Over the past few weeks, I have been extremely busy making some changes around my home. Luckily, I have a very handy dad who is willing to help me with these projects. It is exciting to see the differences and to see my visions for my house come to fruition. I've had this house as a single woman and mom for 6 years. I once worked on it with my former husband, and find that making it my “own” has a way of helping my healing from an ugly marriage and divorce. At the same time I've been taking Transfrom I classes with Evinda as another way of healing and rebuilding…and I find it interesting how both these processes intertwine.
The most recent project was building a pathway of flagstones. As my dad and I were laying the foundation for it, he said something that struck me. He said, "You have to build the foundation correctly so that the rest of the pathway will remain in place" It's quite a process to build a path. The first step is to dig down far enough to make enough space for the foundation; then you have to scrape away what is unnecessary -- this may be dirt, weeds and rocks. Next, the ground has to be leveled to make sure it is smooth and even. After that, gravel and sand must be poured in before the flagstones can be laid down. Once the stones are placed into the sand, they also must be leveled and settled firmly into the foundation. Voila! The masterpiece is done!
We are all on a pathway of life. Sometimes this path needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Can you relate to this? I certainly can. Life sometimes tears us down simply because it is life on a fallen planet. Other times, we realize that we need to make a change and we choose to tear the path out or choose a new one. In my experience, life has been mostly about this. I don't always attack these times as vigorously as I did building that walkway to my front door!
But, throughout all of it, I've been aware of my foundation. A verse I have loved for many years stands out in my mind. Psalm 127:1 says "Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain" Oh my. Who wants to labor in vain? God, who has been my ultimate foundation…has used the times I've felt the most torn down, to make something new. He's helped me to dig down deep. Has He had to clear out some weeds, and rocks? Absolutely. The scraping away process is sometimes most painful. But, in the end, He replaces the old with the new. I can be walked on, weather beaten, and whatever else comes my way, but I cannot be moved…IF I build on Him.
Are you on shaky ground? Feeling worn out by the storms that hit your life? Give it to God...let Him begin a building process in you. It will be worth your while!!!
Until next week, be blessed.
Jenn
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment