Monday, March 14, 2016

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Monday! Thank you for joining me today. Come on in and let me share a recent event that has added diamonds to my journey!
The other day I was reminded of something that happened to friends of mine. The woman collected baby dolls, life-size, real-looking dolls. One weekend, she decided to take two of them with her to a meeting that we were all attending. She wanted to show them to us afterwards.

When she and her family went out at lunch time, it was to a car with broken windows. Apparently, a person walked by the car, saw two babies lying in the car seat, and called the police. The fire department came, bashed in the windows, grabbed the babies, performed CPR, and went so far as to declare them dead. All before they realized these were only lifelike dolls! We had a good laugh over this for the rest of the day.

Yet, this story contains a lesson or two. How often do I think I see something that seems real and react to it, only to find out later it was not what I thought it was? Or, do I hold on to things that seem real but aren't? If I am honest, it happens often!

Situations, emotions, the behavior of my child, comments by a friend, all of these are easy to react to without thinking. But, does this bring about the best outcome? Rarely! I have spent my life playing it safe, or over-reacting.  God is teaching a better way. Assess before acting. I am sure He often shakes His head at my slow learning…and smiles.

"Wise people think before they act; fools don't." Proverbs 13:16

Until next week, be blessed,
JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment