Friday, November 4, 2016

Faith Filled Friday


Hello and welcome back, Troopers, to another Faith Filled Friday! 

This last week was found much like the one before, and the one before that, a constant echo. Do we not appreciate a cold glass of ice water a lot more on a hot summer’s day? Might I appreciate a conversation more perhaps because I feel so alone? Maybe because I didn't have all the toys other kids had, I have more imagination. Because I have not had a relationship that's stood the test of time, despite working so hard for it, I appreciate it more when it was present and accounted for. The things we long for in life are often the things that could keep us humble. Being humble is a gift all to itself, yet, too easily lost. 

Humility is about reminding ourselves daily to be grateful for what we have, but also maybe what we don't have. I recently thought about moments of my childhood where I wanted a popular toy and I was never able to get it; we were just too poor. I never had a lot of toys, but I was humbled by that, and I likely will be for my entire lifetime too. Where and what I was lacking as a kid, I made up for with a growing imagination. My mind could turn anything into spaceship. I wasn't only the regular super hero... I invented new ones. Any stick I picked up could be a firearm and would make me a trooper. 

Although I have had moments of day dreaming and spacing out, I can't recall too many times in my lifetime where I was bored. Yet I hear people say that all the time, even children. God instilled this gift in me and I am entirely content with feeling such precious life through the same wind that not only fills our lungs... but graces my face.... Can't help but feel that sometimes I might just have more than others in that sense.

You see I find myself appreciating the fact that despite all the things I have wanted and not attained, that it has all formed this part and piece of me that loves, appreciates and feels things deeply. Sometimes that can feel like a curse. But for the most part being able to see God's grace and love in things almost everywhere I look is such a huge gift. So I am thankful to the power of the universe, my mother and God himself, for not always providing and giving in to my wants. It's amazing to me that how bad we can want and never have the joy of getting it, could bring happiness and joy on different levels. Sometimes our Father knows best! 

Still it hurts to be so alone... often with the silence as a friend, but also an adversary. But this void perhaps isn't an empty space as more it might be a cavern to feel from. I just know I love and appreciate music, laughter, joy, and yes even the tears that much more. I will never take for granted the time, the love, the joy and laughter of a friend or especially a mate that wants to stick around and believe in me. 

Love is and always will be a best roommate. I know for me it is.

Much love and till next time, try and appreciate something you had to go without because of its end effect. God surely works in mysterious ways.


John

No comments:

Post a Comment