Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday's Word


Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Right!
Thanks for joining us for Wednesday’s Word @ Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your favorite beverage and your strand of faith and let’s go tie some knots together.
Just a little over a week ago all of us witnessed a moment in history…a shifting, if you will, an unexpected jolt for many as the results for president were announced.  No, don’t worry; I’m not going to make this political. Instead, I’m going to bring it back to each of us as individuals, one nation under God, and the conduct expected of us by the Overseer of our soul. 
Come with me to 1st Peter 3:8-10 where Peter is instructing the new believers who are enduring a lot of persecution for their beliefs. I truly believe with all my heart that these words are truth to our troubled souls in this most uncertain time in our lives and nation: “8Finally, ALL OF YOU, (emphasis added) have unity of spirit, sympathy, love for one another, a tender heart, and a humble mind.9Do not repay evil for evil or abuse for abuse; but on the contrary, repay with a blessing. It is for this that you were called—that you might inherit a blessing.
Do I need to say more?
Not really, but of course I will; after all, it’s Coffee Hour!
I have heard many stories of others being verbally abused by those who felt the election didn’t go the way they wanted, but I’ve also watched as anger and fury have literally contorted souls, creating an entirely different personality than what we had come to know and love. It has been heart-wrenching to watch, but I’ve also experienced the backlash from those who just have a very strong opinion. And when I step back and watch, without putting my own two cents in there, I realize there is a fear driving each and every one of them to this angry boiling point, and instead of making it about our fear, our opinions, which are pride-driven as well, maybe we ought to remember Who is ultimately in charge. This didn’t knock Him off His throne, beloved!
This week’s word comes as a great reminder to all of us from the Authority over heaven and earth, the One whom you and I will ultimately answer to for our conduct, the One watching, and I’m certain, shaking His head, His heart grieving over the division of what was once one nation under God, and yet…my heart eagerly awaits for Him to move mightily for I believe what was meant for evil will be used for good and His glory; I believe this nation is finally ready for another revival! 
We as “believers” need to turn our focus upward, winning others over by our gentle spirit, our sympathy and love for one another, moved into action by a tender heart and a humble mind…ah, yes, humility. Oh, Coffee Hour friend, where is our humility? When it’s all said and done, He’s not going to ask who we voted for, but one thing I do know is He will talk to us about our conduct after this most pivotal election!
Humbly,

Evinda 

No comments:

Post a Comment