Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wednesday’s Word


A Little Doubt Goes A Long Way!
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting for he who doubts is like a wave in the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in ALL (emphasis added) in his ways.”
Wow, it’s already Wednesday! I’m so glad you could join me for Wednesday’s Word and Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. I love this portion of scripture and we can never over-learn it, repeat it too much or live it too well! Grab your coffee, your Strand of Faith and let’s go tie some knots!
Have you ever been going through something…for a long time and dare to look up and ask “Why can’t you just make it stop? Why can’t you just fix this or heal me, or give me a break? “Why do you have to allow this?” (My hand is quietly rising!)
And then you read a scripture like James 1:7-8! Don’t you just want to throw your hands up in frustration? I mean, maybe I’m the only one here, but if I hear one more person say maybe He doesn’t want you to republish, or maybe your faith isn’t strong enough, or you’re doubting, or you’re not praying enough, I think I am going to scream…or get on my broom and take a very long ride! J J
Those spiritual subliminal messages from those who “care” can really do more damage than good, but I’m so glad that His principles and promises are there to guide us to the truth and they are ours for the asking.
So if I’m honest, I still dare to ask, “So why haven’t I been picked up by a agent/publisher…yet?” Could it be that there is a tiny seed of doubt within somewhere that is clogging up the process? I get to thinking about this quite often and finally the light turned on: could it be that I have doubted Him as to where or when the “break” is going to take place? Have I been so bound by my insecurities that I have demanded my own way of healing…someone to swoop in and represent me?
As I allowed that conviction to work its way down into my heart, I knew it had to be true for there were no clogs and the conviction landed quite comfortably, making me humbly uncomfortable!
When I read these verses, my heart absorbed their painful truth and I was reminded of what I had learned years ago about a mustard seed of faith, which talks about not just the size but mostly the purity of our faith. (A mustard seed is the only seed that cannot be cross-pollinated!) As that truth collided with these words, I was amazed at how quickly a little doubt could come in and infect our faith. And then to read that if I doubt my God, His sovereignty, His provision and protection in just one area of my life, I am unstable in ALL my ways! Oh, Mylanta, but I don’t want to be considered unstable in any of my ways.
So back to this question of representation: just because it doesn’t look like I think it’s going to look, does that mean He’s withholding that representation? Not only no, but heck no! His ways are not my ways and I am certain that He will multi-task and accomplish things for my good and His glory, things like ridding me once and for all of my insecurity that rises to a new level any time I dare to compare myself to others who are represented in the publishing world. He will once again refine my faith while loving me through this time in a way I’ve never experienced.
It’s going to be one of those free-falling experiences a fall where my faith can only increase and doubt will disappear and He and I, well, our hearts will be entwined and I will be considered stable in all my ways!
How about you? Is there any area of your life that is requiring a doubt-check? Oh, friend, a little doubt can go a long way in inhibiting our faith. May I encourage you to feed your faith and starve your doubts this week…and next…and every tomorrow!
Love,
Evinda


P.S. Join me for Coffee Hour Live today at 10:00 a.m. PST for Step 6 to Loving the Unlovable


No comments:

Post a Comment