Monday, June 4, 2018

Emotional checkups keep us from becoming wrecks and causing wrecks! EL


Monday’s Mantra



It's Monday! Here we are meeting up again already!  Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Monday’s Mantra with Trench Classes United.
Recently I went in for a yearly check up. I had been feeling extra tired and run down as of late. My doctor ordered some blood work. The results came back with healthy levels of everything except iron…turns out I was anemic. This explains the fatigue and a few other symptoms I was having. My doctor suggested I take a supplement, and within days of doing so, I felt better! What a relief to have symptoms checked, and an answer found.

Like physical exams, we need emotional checkups. When was the last time you paid attention to warning signs in your emotions? Unfortunately, it's easy to ignore symptoms until it's too late and you've said something out of anger or irritation…or done something you'll regret. At least this is my experience!

 I was in a self-defense class the other day. The instructor had us take a few minutes to do what he called taking inventory of ourselves…becoming aware of how you're feeling he said. Any tight muscles, he asked? Is there any pain anywhere?

I've had all the symptoms of emotional weariness lately: irritation, impatience, sadness, brokenness and anger. I have found myself in the strangest bubble of silence...as if words have failed me. So, for a time, I am just going to sit back and take inventory. What is it I truly feel? Maybe I need to spend more time with the Great Physician.
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14

Until next week, be blessed,
Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment