Friday, June 8, 2018

The chaos in our minds can drown out the whispers of God EL


Faith Filled Friday



If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. (James 1:5) Sounds simple, huh?
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith-Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.
What a glorious verse! He is always so faithful to give us all that we need. I find at times when I ask for wisdom that I can’t quite make out what the Lord is saying to me or if He is even talking to me. Sometimes He seems quiet. Recently during such a time as this, I sat in prayer, I felt the Lord calling me to a fast.
As I began my fast, I noticed after a few days a calm and peace come over me.  
Before my fast, I was trying to figure out why things weren’t happening the way I thought they should be. I own my own business and it felt like business was slow. To me it was turtle-pass slow, and I didn’t understand why.  I couldn’t understand the whys, and the enemy took full advantage of answering my whys with his lies, which I admit, I began to digest and believe them…but only momentarily.
As I fasted, I let go of all my whys regarding all things in my life. I laid them before the Lord, just as we are lovingly guided to do in 2 Corinthians 10:5:  “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.”
You see, as I took my thoughts captive to the Lord, all the noise of my flesh and the enemy fell away. It was quiet, and I could once again hear the small still voice of the Lord. It was the chaos of my whys and the digesting of the enemy’s lies that made it impossible for me to discern the voice of God.
Are you feeling like God is being silent? Are you wondering why He isn’t answering your prayer for wisdom and guidance? He may be speaking, but the chaos raging inside your head may be making it impossible for you to discern His voice, or, alternatively, God may not be ready to answer your prayer for He may have something far greater for you.
Coffee Hour friend, may I encourage you with this truth: He always has wisdom, love, and encouragement to speak into our hearts and minds. It’s up to us to lay our thoughts captive at His feet, so we can discern our Heavenly Father’s words of love that He is continuously speaking over us. 
Have a great weekend
Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment