Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Thoughts to Ponder-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit PowerThank you for joining me for a little coffee break today. I don’t know about you, but little breaks throughout the day go a long way in keeping me going. Since it’s the week of Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d bring some thoughts of love to ponder, thoughts that I have as a result of a passage of scripture I was reading just last week. Grab your coffee and come on in.

So what is “true” love, anyway? I remember when I was younger, when there was many more pieces of junk in my trunk than there are now, chasing it as if it were a butterfly never to be captured…. That is until I ran smack into Jesus by coming to the end of myself. What I mean is He met me where I collapsed and as a matter of fact, it was in my season of singleness! Since then, we’ve unpacked an awful lot of junk, junk that interfered with me truly receiving, let alone honestly giving, that thing called love.

Ever so patiently, He began to show me love in ways that I would understand it and as I become less ensnared by the effects of my past, His love no longer feels elusive, un-imaginable or too hard to comprehend. That’s not to say I’ve arrived when it comes to this powerful force of love, but I feel as though I am getting closer to discovering its depth, purity and honesty that I may bask in it instead of continue to run from it.

See, love is not a feeling, but a choice. True love is not something that gives you butterflies in your stomach, and it is not something that we can actually chase, possess and hold captive. Love is also something we can’t give or even receive on our own.

Now I don’t mean to confuse you, so let me try to clear it up for you with a couple of passages I was reading as I was working in my Becoming a Woman of Freedom Book. This first passage is actually the World’s best kept secret about love:

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him/her, and he/she in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him/her.

But what if you don’t believe or you just can’t grasp this concept?

Join me Wednesday and I’ll try and answer that transparently!

In His Love,

Evinda

IMG_8444-2 blog
P.S. Join us today at 1:00 PST for our Blog Talk Radio Breaking Free from Co-dependency!

No comments:

Post a Comment