Friday, February 15, 2013

Love Thoughts to Ponder-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit PowerThanks for joining me today for some thoughts to ponder about love. Grab your coffee and come on in!

So I left off with a tough question and I’d like to transparently answer it: It takes a giant leap and a tiny seed of faith. See, 1st John 4:12 reminds us that no one has seen God at any time, but if we love one another, God abides in us. I’ll be the first to admit that we can’t love one another without that true love!

The first step to receiving that “true” love is by confessing Christ as our Savior. His Word tells us that when we do that, He comes into our heart, “He,” meaning His Spirit abides in us. But what if it’s stuck somewhere between your head and your heart? I have felt like that so much of my life and that feeling multiplies a hundred times when I’m feeling as though I’m in a rut.

What to do? One of the things I enjoy doing is journaling the journey, which I do every morning. What I journal is the events of the day before. I sort of rewind the film, reflecting on it, which means I have to be still. It is then that I am able to pull out some nuggets of recognition that sparkle with truth that He hovered over my day, protecting me, providing for me. As I reflect, I realize that many times I’ve missed His whispers of love and fingerprints of provision and protection because I’m not staying in the moments! It is then that faith sparks the embers of love, moving them from that in-between place and directly into my heart.

Reading His love letters is another way to keep His love moving from your head to your heart but always, before you do, invite him into the reading! Ask Him for understanding, and when you ask, be prepared to receive as the Scriptures come alive for you. Put your name in what you read and it has to come to life for you!

Let me give you an example found in 1st John 4, beginning with verse 7: Beloved (your name), let us love one another, for love  is of God and _________ who loves is born of God and knows God. He/she who does not love does not know GodSTOP! That word “know” translates to “experience with your inner being,” which means in your heart! – for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested (poured out) toward ________, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world that ________ might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God (first) but that He loved _________ and sent His Son to be the propitiation (payment) for our sins. ____________ if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

There are sooooo many diamonds in that passage that I could pull out that would have your heart sparkling crystal clean and ready to receive the “True” love, but I’ve kept you long enough and hopefully, His Spirit has assured you of His love for you!

In love with Him and His ways,

Evinda

kim L

No comments:

Post a Comment