Monday, September 15, 2014

How do you talk with an Atheist? Monday's Manna @ Castro's Corner of Chicklit Power

Monday’s Manna from Castro’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Happy Monday Manna!
It’s official! Another week is already here and I feel like I missed out on the weekend entirely! My wife and I are eagerly awaiting for her sister, my sister in-law, to give birth to a healthy beautiful baby boy. They are anticipating that she will go into labor this week, but if she doesn’t then they will induce next Sunday so please keep Amanda and her awesome husband Charles in your prayers!
Last week I stumbled upon an Atheist web page that had an abundance of different videos and speakers that were attempting to “debunk” the Christian faith. I know that I didn’t stumble onto this page by coincidence. As I began listening to these different speakers I felt like I had just entered into a spiritual battlefield as these young people so passionately attempted to disprove the existence of God and His son Jesus Christ. One particular individual actually believed in the existence of Jesus Christ, but she did not believe that Jesus was the Son of man. In fact she believed (like most atheists do) that Jesus was just another “teacher” of his time.
She went on to discuss that she had grown up in the Church and she began asking questions as to whom Jesus really was. She felt that no one could give her the answer that she was looking for so she began to look elsewhere (The world) for the answers that she was so desperately seeking. As she continued on I tuned out and I began to think to myself- “Why is this young woman so passionate in attempting to disprove God’s existence and Jesus Christ.” Then it finally hit me.
The Spirit has the ability to convict anyone. Although the Spirit resides in our hearts, He has the ability to work in/ on the hearts of those who may seem the farthest away from Him. Think of Saul (Paul) as he made his way down the old dirt road of Damascus He was on his way to arrest and kill Christians within the city of Damascus, but God had different plans for Paul and Jesus showed up on the scene. Pray for our Atheist friends, as they are on a mission to disprove the existence of God and the Son of man, He is the only one that can truly save them. As conviction gets heavier and heavier, so do the arguments that defend their own belief systems.
We are accountable to God. Atheists know that their lifestyles are conducive to their own ideologies, so the healthy fear that God has internalized within our hearts grants us the ability to remember who He is: Our Sovereign King. I believe that Atheists have a different type of fear within their hearts. This fear originates from not knowing a loving God that has the ability to meet us where we are and who becomes our every need.
We need to have the answers for these young people who are asking questions about who Jesus really is and why He died for the sins of the world. Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 point to a greater understanding. Let’s join in coalition prayer as we ask God to move in the hearts of these Atheist organizations. A Christian revival within this movement could show the world that if he can change to heart of Paul, of you, and of me, He can work on/ within the heart of anyone. Have a great week and I encourage you to read these two chapters in scripture; I do every time my faith feels mustard-seed like and He reinforces my own understanding.
In His Love,
Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment