Tuesday, September 9, 2014

When You Just Don't Get It - Encouragement from Chicklit Power

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power... Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and to more of September’s Words of Wisdom and Weapons of Warfare found in the wise book of Proverbs! I pray that as I share a true story full of facets of not understanding that require faith to get through, that your journey with our loving Father is encouraged. Grab your coffee and come on in.
EL pen Logo with heartThe morning after unloading the truck, my daughter-in-love began to feel a little better, and her tug-of-war with feeling overheated and then chilled with goose-bumps to prove it, as well as nausea had faded off into the distance, though we still insisted she take it easy. And by the end of the third day, we had unburied the kids’ room, organized their closet, dressers, and even hung a couple of nets up for all their stuffed animals. Ye gads, they have so many that I think a life sized hammock would work better! :)
And by the time George and I left, much of what they needed was put away in its new place; home was established. It made saying good-bye a fraction of an inch easier … but oh, was that ever the toughest good-bye I’ve ever had to say.
Don't wanna say good-bye
Don't understand why I have to say good-bye
My sweet DillanAs it got closer, in hours and then down to minutes, my eyes were a constant faucet. Suddenly all I could think about was no more Monday lunches with my son and granddaughter, and those occasional weekend sleepovers with all of them where we all woke up with laughter and joy in our hearts, ready to embrace the day …. Those are gone, too. Just knowing I couldn’t get in my car and stop by, nor could they, was almost like a panic button on the door of my heart; and I had no idea how I’d get through it.

To complicate my understanding further, filling my eyes even more as I stared at my grand-kids, both of whom I was just building something really sweet, hoping to imprint their hearts in ways that would inspire them as they grow older and wiser, the thoughts kept coming: not being able to pick them up and go to the beach, or wherever, not being able to physically hold them, put their little faces in my hands and look into their sweet eyes, carry on amazing conversations and listen to them … Yes, as the clock turned, the seconds passing by so quickly, our time to leave approached as if to whisk me away. I wished I could stop time and just stay physically there, but I couldn’t.
I kept trying to shake off what felt like a dismal ending, reminding myself that after all, I could visit those truths on the long drive back. I didn’t want anything to do with turning their blessing into a curse! And, yes, I know, now I have a different place to visit; I get all that ... but this is a big change and I will  need my faith fueled by my relationship with my Father to get me thru it.
So instead I soaked up every moment I could, exchanging tears for laughter, hugs and kisses, and as Jeff and Lauren walked us to our car, our last moment made memory was packed with a burst of laughter that carried them all the way back to their apartment!

Sweet Ty Ty


I didn’t understand why this separation had to take place, but I did know God had ordained it and where He guides, He provides. Please join me 2morrow for more of this month’s WOW!
Faith-ing thru the change,
kim L
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment