Monday, October 27, 2014

Everybody has a gift! from Castro's Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Happy Monday Manna
I’m writing this week’s edition of Monday Manna from the same location I wrote my very first, approximately eight months ago. It seems like yesterday when Kim Evinda asked me to write for CPM and I can’t put into words how big of a blessing this has been for me. God has blessed every one of us with spiritual gifts and talents specific to His internal purposes. The question is, how will we use these spiritual gifts to glorify his name?
I believe that God will often bring people into our lives in order for us to either share or help identify spiritual gifts. The ministry requires a myriad of different gifts that we have the ability to use and share in order to extend His kingdom. I don’t believe I’m gifted at writing at all, but I’ve learned so much from Kim Evinda and from all of you from your continued love and support. God is changing the direction of my writing and I’m excited to follow His calling to write to, with and for my wife in a journal of thanks!
I had a great conversation with her last week about the blog and the direction that God has been pulling each one of us. At the end of the conversation I remember looking at Kim and saying, “Kim, you have such an amazing gift…you are changing lives.” Kim’s leadership role with CPM epitomizes the use of a STRONG gift.
Let’s face it. Not all of us have the ability to pick up a guitar (not an air guitar) and play an Eric Clapton cover, frame a house from the ground up, solve linear algebra equations, bake banana bread, or swing a golf club without injuring themselves or someone else. L But God has blessed EVERY one of us with a gift. I’ve come to the honest conclusion that I’m not good at a whole lot, but God has given me long legs to run long distances. How do I use this gift to glorify his name? Perhaps I could “Run for a Cause” or put together a running team at church.
Matthew 25:14-30 speaks of the three servants who received different amounts of silver. The distribution of silver was proportionate to their abilities. Proportionate is the key word. Think about the first servant who received five bags of silver, invested it, and made five more. Then imagine the last servant digging a hole and placing his bag of silver in the ground in fear of losing everything.
Fear is what drives us from using these gifts to honor God. Those who have been provided with spiritual gifts are required to produce spiritual fruit. Who does that first servant represent? He represents you, me, and the body of Christ.
Those that don’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior are represented as the last servant who failed. Failure is exemplified in his inability to use His God given gift; instead, he dug a hole and he stored his silver. Each and every one of you has an amazing gift that will help bring others closer to Jesus. Don’t let the lies of the enemy devalue or deface the gifts that have been so abundantly given by Him who loves you.
As my last writing for CPMm I just want to stay thank you for all of your love and support. I could not have done this without your encouragement and God’s moving through CPM! Keep running the good race and when your legs tire, which they inevitably will, trust in Him to carry you across the finish line. Use your gift and show the world what you’re made of! God Bless!
In His Love,
Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro
P.S. this is Evinda, letting you know we will have a new series beginning next Monday called Monday’s Testimonies; Jenn’s Journey! She’s an amazingly gifted girl, writing among her talents, who will share her unpacking journey transparently with you! Be sure and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment