Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The 7 Sacrifices to Joy-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…

Oh, it’s a great day to write from my heart to yours, to have this sort of fellowship/communication that I don’t take lightly but cherish knowing we spend this time together! Grab your coffee and come on in for some more foundation of communication.
So Paul explains over and over again that because of our leap of faith, that original jump, if you will, we have fellowship with the Son of God! As I wrote that, my heart did an extra pitter-patter! ( 1 Corinthians 1:9 ). What then feeds that faith? In 1st Corinthians 9:23, Paul explains what fed his faith while he was imprisoned: “Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”
The Gospels in the Bible is what I would deem one of the main courses of the meal, if you will. The Gospels bridge the gap between here and heaven paved by grace. Oftentimes, we struggle to open up the Bible, overwhelmed by its complexity which is enhanced by its size. We scratch our head, not knowing where to begin and then quickly shut it, discouraged by no voice that tells us what page to open it up to!
This reminds me of a book that I wanted to write: 100 ways to read the Bible, wherein I began teaching myself ways to read these instructions, love letters and promises in ways that really made it more user-friendly. Uh-oh, I could easily get off on another book/series here. Sorry; I’ll stay on track but stay tuned for a series on this subject!
I remember when I first began reading the Gospels; I was reading from the NIV Women’s Daily Devotional Bible – It’s probably out of print now! — but it always had a real-life daily devotional that I could relate to and with, and that stirred my faith, got my taste buds wet and sent me seeking after more fellowship. All the daily devotionals were inspired by our Keynote Speaker who used them as vessels to communicate His ways to anyone willing to feed their faith!
See, when we share in the gospel with others, whether that be via sitting in on a sermon, a small group study, or one-on-one, fellowship takes place, and this is a sweet, sweet aroma to our Father that travels all the way up to His throne, and our Mediator on His right says, see, would you look at that fellowship! When we share in the gospel, it’s an affirmation of the ultimate sacrifice of communication! Paul shares from his heart in Philippians 1:4-6 reminding us of this very principle: always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
So not only does the sharing of the Gospel feed our faith, but it continues the work that He has begun in each one of us. Are you allowing His communication/work to continue the good work He began in you so He can work through you?
Koinonia to you, my coffee hour friend,
IMG_8444-2 blog
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment