Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The 7 Sacrifices to Joy! From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…

Happy day to you! It’s so good to be walking through The Seven Sacrifices to Joy with you and I’m thoroughly enjoying what we are learning along the journey, especially how each of these principles are used as sacrifices. Grab your coffee and let’s go finish up this third sacrifice of communication and discover the true sacrifice!

So I have to share one more point on the benefit of koinonia/fellowship as it relates to the Holy Spirit because I can’t keep it inside. I was reading from my Not a Fan book by Kyle Idleman and it’s like he reached right in my brain and grabbed a couple of my thoughts as it relates to the Holy Spirit. How many of us have ever wondered what it would be like to walk with Jesus back in the day, to be one of His disciples and have eaten with Him, been taught by Him in the flesh? Have you ever wished you could be Moses on the mountain in the presence of God, or Abraham, or Joseph or Elisha? Well, I’ll be the first to raise my hand, and my other hand and my feet, too! :) I have been known to wonder aloud those very things, and to be sort of envious of these guys. But not anymore! Oh, how I have been guilty of treating the Spirit as a second string on a football team, not really utilizing its strength or power unless I really have to!

Oh, but God pierced my heart but good through Kyle but that wouldn’t have been possible without HIS Holy Spirit! See, there’s something powerful we need to be cognizant of, at all times. Back in the Old Testament, God was with many …. And in the New Testament, Jesus walked with many, but Jesus Himself in John 16:7 said it’s going to be best that I go for I’m sending you the “Counselor” to be IN you!

Do you get it? What is more powerful; knowing something is beside you or in you?

Oh but that gives me goose bumps. Never again will I minimize the importance of the Holy Spirit or wish to be someone I’m not in a time I wasn’t to be. See His Spirit in us happens when we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. That’s when the communication/fellowship begins.

Now to just allow His Spirit in me to maximize the good and minimize the not-so-good and to walk differently knowing greater is He that is IN me than he that is in the world!
Excited,
IMG_8444-2 blog
Evinda
P.S. I’d like to say a very Happy Birthday to a sweet little sister, Yvette Sanchez! Make memories that make your heart giggle for years to come! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment