Friday, January 15, 2016

Faith Filled Friday

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
It’s that time again, our Faith-Filled Friday Coffee Hour! Grab your coffee and your strand of faith and join us for a powerful message from Jennifer!

Whew!  What a week.  It was hard and intense but my faith is stronger today than on Monday.  Through all the large and small lessons I walked through and captured, Mathew 19:26 was illustrated the most.  As Christians, we can fall into the “Christianese” trap and recite this verse as an answer to any question, especially when we don’t know what to say.  “With God all things are possible”…..we know it’s true but do we believe it in our heart?  The Message Bible puts it this way “Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.”

What a change in perspective.  It’s saying the same thing, but I read “all things are possible” as passive.  To me it’s like saying “someday this will happen,” and it feels lofty and in the distance.  The definition of possible is being within the limits of ability, capacity, or realization.  When I am in a difficult spot, knowing that God is capable is not the issue.  He’s God, He can do anything.  Duh! :-)  But how does this apply to me? 

Here’s how The Message version spoke to me.

When I am in a place where there is no possible way I can fix, change, push, manage, do [or even when I’m not in that place] I have to realize that I can’t do it myself; there’s no fruit or good by-product of doing it in my own strength or will.  Every chance if we trust….
Trust means a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. It’s the same or similar definition but with one difference, firm belief.   “Firm” is having a solid, almost unyielding surface or structure.  I don’t just want to know it’s possible…. I want to firmly believe that He can do it.

What’s in your heart, possibility or firm belief?  It’s not always easy to be firm.  It can take practice or even someone to hold you accountable.  My prayer is that you are or are becoming an unyielding structure of faith.

Until next week, may your faith hold you firm

File Dec 26, 5 59 35 AMJennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment