Friday, January 29, 2016

Faith Filled Friday

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thank you for joining us for Faith-Filled Fridays!  I love these little but powerful truths that Jennifer shares from her heart to ours. Grab your coffee and your strand of faith and let’s go tie some knots in there to avoid deception and strengthen our faith!

One of the anthems of starting a new year is putting off the old and putting on the new.  How often do we really practice it?  For many of us I think that it is something we thing about on December 31st and maybe throughout the first week of the year.  In Ephesians, Paul addresses this principle of exchange in 4:24 when the Christians there were told to dress more like God (a God-fashioned life) and take off the old and put in the new.  They were asked to shed or strip off the clothes of deception. 

This is an ongoing process. We are to renew our minds each day, so it’s safe to say that deception begins there…in the mind.

Deception can be a sneaky thing.  We can choose to believe lies for many reasons.  Every area in our lives can be traced back to the lies that we believe.  I chose to believe that I wasn’t good enough, perfect enough.  This “belief” has bled over into all areas of my life.  It causes me to doubt myself and my Savior.  It pushes an unhealthy drive to achieve, be the best and the brightest.  I have felt broken for most of my life, unworthy and unlovable.

In the past couple of years I have learned that these are lies.  I have had to work hard at replacing the old with the new, to replace lies with the truth.  It has been important to me to grab a hold of 2nd Corinthians 10:5: The need to take every though captive – believe what God says and reject everything else. 

Below are the lies I have believed and the truths I have replaced them with:
Are there any lies in your life?  Take a moment to see them.  Then move forward, take your thoughts captive and counter those lies with truths you can bank on! Declare them over and over. His truths don’t lie!

File Dec 26, 5 59 35 AMJennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment