Monday, January 25, 2016

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Monday! Welcome to a new week and thank you for being here this morning.

at buildings, houses, and yards. I like to see the unique designs and sometimes I get ideas for my house or yard. There is a building in downtown Redlands that I always admire. It's Spanish style, with a beautiful paint job and a beautifully manicured yard. The other day I happened to have an appointment in that building. I arrived early so I walked around the outside a few times to get a little exercise and see the building up close and personal.

I was a bit surprised, to say the least. Have you ever noticed how getting close gives you a different perspective? As I walked around this beautiful building, I noticed something. There were areas where the paint was chipping away. There was garbage strewn in some of the bushes, and there was a not so nice smell about the place.

Isn't it easy to judge by appearances? To judge ourselves, or others, by what we look like. Last week I wrote about shells. A shell is just what we see on the outside. In 1 Samuel 16:7 God says, "The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

I used to worry about my physical appearance a lot more than I do now. Perhaps it's age. Maybe it's that my shell is cracked and God is working on what's inside. Personally, I hope that is what it is! Some days I feel like that building...my paint is peeling; there's garbage everywhere and the smell is less than pleasant. Maybe someone has pointed out a fault or two, or I regret words that flew out of my mouth...yes, life has a way of chipping away at my reserves.

This is when I know that I have to head to the feet of Jesus. I need my time with Him so He can remind me who I am. He loves me, shattered shell and all. He gently restores.

"He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake." Psalm 23:3. I’m so thankful for His presence, His principles and His promises that refresh me, the very depths of my soul!

Until next week, be blessed,
JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment