Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WEDNESDAY’S WORD

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
EL pen Logo with heartMission Statement
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. I love Wednesday’s Word time, a time where we can take a scripture and apply it to our own life in a way that brings it to life within us so that it may come out of us! Grab your coffee and your Strand of Faith and let’s go ties some knots together!

A couple of years ago, I was asked to emcee a pretty impressive event for an organization I had never heard of before, NAWBO, which stands for National Association of Women Business Owners and it was for the San Bernardino County Chapter.  Thereafter I was encouraged to join and did so, wondering what in the world, and why in the world, as if I didn’t have enough to do already!

To make that LONG story short, there was a significant purpose for that adventure; I learned all about a mission statement, the value of a mission statement for a business/ministry and how it can lead others to you. At that time, our mission statement for the ministry was so long and so deep, one really had to read it several times and come up for air in order to understand what the heck we were trying to say. J Ugh, sometimes I can be so deep! Praise God for lessons learned and the grace to stay in the classroom of life!

A commercial mission statement should have three essential components and/or answer these three questions:
  1. Who is your target client or customer?
  2. Contribution: What product or service do you provide?
  3. Distinction: What makes your product or service unique?
A mission statement gives a business, a ministry a purpose, a direction to head and hopefully a destination to reach. I got to thinking about that and I thought what would our worlds look like if we each had a personal mission statement as believers and followers of our Loving Father? If it is developed and created with the same three principles followed for a business, ministry, non-profit organization, it would include what you or I wish to focus on, what we wish to accomplish and what we’d like to achieve or become as a result of that focus.

See, a personal mission statement reveals where our energy is focused, helps determine our actions, our choices and behaviors. In other words, our personal mission statement reveals a lot about what is most important to us.

Wouldn’t it be fun to begin reading His promises and principles in search of your own personal mission statement? What is it that you would like to achieve in this life to prepare you for the next? What is nearest and dearest to your heart? I’ll share one of mine with you and by all means, in the Christian economy, I wouldn’t be the least bit offended if you adopted my mission statement as your own! After all, these words are directly from Christ Himself, for me and for you!

Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven”!

So let’s answer the questions to see if this is a good personal mission statement: Who is our target audience? Anyone He puts in our path! Our light should be on at all times…except when we’re sleeping! :-)

What service or contribution do you or I have to offer: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness and self-control! Against these there is no law! Those are some good works for all to see in our actions! (Galatians 5:22-23)

What makes you or I unique in the offering of all these? He that is within you and me! He says we are wonderfully and uniquely made to do good works.

Oh, how I earnestly yearn to be a light before all, even those I know don’t like me, that they may recognize His love in me producing good works and ultimately come to the reality of the necessity of their need of a Savior, our Father in Heaven!

Thanks for joining me today!

IMG_8444-2 blogEvinda

No comments:

Post a Comment