Wednesday, July 4, 2018

God loves us too much to leave us the way we are! el


 Wednesday’s Word

I love writing about the relentless refining of God in my life that the searing of my soul may be poured to you in a way that encourages you in your journey. Thanks so much for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
Just the other day, my grandson and I were driving and someone cut me off pretty abruptly and it was scary. I let out an exasperated “Are you kidding me?” and my grandson asked me what was wrong.
“Nothing,” I exhaled…”that guy just cut me off.”
He stretched himself as far up as he could go without leaving his seat or seatbelt and asked “Which guy?” and I pointed. The next thing he said drove home the point I’m trying to make today: “So are you going to cut him off?” he very innocently asked.
I shook my head, No, B, I’m not going to cut him off because two wrongs never equal a right. 
I let the words of my own conviction sit there for a few seconds and could literally see him thinking. And then I continued.
Besides, it wouldn’t make anything better in the long run.
Those words to my grandson came chanting back to me just a couple of days later when someone whom I’ve been trying to show love despite her incredible meanness let it out that she couldn’t stand me!
The pain and struggle were real, and I inhaled God’s promise and exhaled the pain and anger.
I don’t want to use this blog to bash anyone so I can’t get into any of the details, but for whatever reason, this person really despises me, and I have been trying to understand it for a very long time. I am so grateful for His love letters to us replete with assurance, guidance and promises such as this one that has been echoing in the hallway of my heart all week because of this person:
1stPeter 3:9 “Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”
I am choosing to rise to His standard and repay evil with love instead of falling beneath those who lift themselves up by knocking others down. I can do all things thru Him who strengthens me, include love those who don’t love me.
I pray if you are experiencing anything like this that you too will be encouraged by His promises that will give you the strength to repay evil with good, to love those who don’t love you, because that’s when real growth kicks in!
Have a wonderful Wednesday and a beautiful 4th!
Love,
Kim-Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment