Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Seeing and hearing much and responding with less is more maturity. EL


Wednesday’s Word

There is little to nothing more satisfying or sweeter than to watch the growth of an infant into a toddler, from a toddler to a teen and then from a teen to a young adult. And it’s not just the physical changes that we observe, but the level of maturity as well. But how is it we determine our own growth?
Thanks so much for joining me today for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
I was working with one of my favorite attorneys the other day; he’s brilliant…sometimes to a fault, and he admitted this when we were talking about the way he forms his questions as we were talking after the deposition.
But I get him; I can literally feel his mind going ahead of his mouth and what comes out sometimes are so many words. This is confirmed when the witness asks him to repeat his question and he looks to me to read it back! J J Praise God, every time I’ve been asked I’ve been able to read it back word for word. He’s a guy who speaks EVERYTHING he’s thinking…just about. I mean, he stores some thoughts up his sleeve for trial.
We both talked about how difficult it is for us to slow down in our talking, but even more difficult than that is slowing down enough to let others take their time with what they want to say.
This so reminds me of one of the biggest lessons I am still learning in ministry: just because we see something someone is doing, or hear something someone is saying doesn’t mean we get to say something! This is part of growing up spiritually and Proverbs 17:27 describes this level of maturity…in few words!
He who has knowledge spares his words and a man of understanding is of calm spirit”!
So no matter what we are hearing or seeing, we can remain calm…and spare our words and even choose to say nothing at all.
Love,
Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment