Monday, July 30, 2018

What you put into your marriage is what you’ll get out of it! EL


Monday’s Mantra



Thanks for joining us for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Monday’s Mantra with Trench Classes United. I’m so excited to introduce you to a guest today. Her name is Julie Held and I saw this post on F.B. last week and asked if she wouldn’t mind sharing it with you today. So enjoy this perspective from Julie

As I was driving home today I saw seven posted signs along the road that said: “How to get a cheap divorce.” (Now before you stop reading this, this has no condemnation to anyone who’s gone through a divorce.) But my heart was grabbed and I thought, you never see the world putting out signs of “Come and get help for your marriage”; -- at least I’ve never seen that.
I was compelled to encourage the marriages out there to be anchored not in each other, but in Christ alone. That is the only firm foundation. All other ground is sinking sand.
When I look at this picture of my husband and me, I feel it’s so symbolic. Just imagine for a moment that instant when you said “ I DO.” In that moment, God gave your marriage a bag. And you don’t know what “surprises” are inside. It’s a journey map of twists and turns as you follow God together; the good times, the joys, the sorrows and pain, the dreams and hopes. Then there is one thing in that bag He gives you both and it’s His Word because as the Description: 💕scriptures say, “Thy Word is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path.”
I don’t know where you might be in your marriage; it might be fantastic or it might be hanging on for dear life. Whatever season you are currently in, reach into your bag and grab the one thing that will help you keep your eyes on God. Read your Bible daily and pray together. Seek God. Bring your burdens and your thanksgiving to Him. Anchor yourself, and your marriage in Christ and watch God move mountains and your marriage will be a testimony of His great LOVE.  
Julie Held

#loveisneverwasted #heldheartkeys #julesanchor

No comments:

Post a Comment