Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coffe Hour @ Chicklit Power: The Walking Dead Returns...

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power. I’m excited to get to that verse that quietly screamed into my heart, awakening it to re-visit an ongoing lesson in learning how to love those unlovable and difficult people in my life. Grab your coffee and come on in.

This relational truth reminds me of when I struggled to understand what it meant “to be crucified with Christ.” I remember thinking how in the world . . . I mean, that happened over 2,000 years ago; why would I need to be crucified with Christ?

walkinginspiritpicBut, oh, the light of understanding brings a smile to my heart and helps me
to walk by His Spirit and not in my flesh. See, every time I want to do what my flesh is screaming to do, I need to put that desire on the cross to be crucified with Christ, for it is then that I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me and it is then that I die to self. Each time I want to defend myself, demand respect from that unlovable, difficult person, I must put it on the cross and visually see it become crucified with Christ.

Why is it so much more difficult with some people than others? This questions screams at me!

I’m thinking it is because relationship is the most important teacher He left us with in the classroom of life. Relationships can be His gift or we can make them our curse. He knew we would have difficult and unlovable people come in and out of our lives; He planned it that way to teach us our need for a Savior, to help us go from death to life.

Come with me to 1st John 3:14 and let me share with you what happened while reading it. “We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.”

But I didn’t get all the way through that verse. This is what happened when I was reading it: “We know that we have passed from death to life when we love _____ and _______”! He spoke the names of two people I need to get better at loving! I was rendered quietly convicted and walking dead!

Go ahead and fill in the blanks with names of people you need to get better at loving!

Until tomorrow,
Evinda
2014 Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment