Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coffee @ ChicklitPower: Walking Dead, A New Mini-Series

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
It’s so good to be with you today for our coffee hour, a time where we can put away distractions and demands on us and just hang out and share heart-to-heart. Oh, how I pray that the words you read will refresh your soul and encourage you in the journey of life. Grab your coffee and join me for a new mini-series which will be the precursor to an old series now updated.

I don’t know about you but when I read the words “walking dead” I think of movies, or maybe even an old song, a graveyard, but certainly not scripture. I mean think about it; “walking dead” sounds kind of creepy, doesn’t it? Oh, that’s what is so beautiful about His love letters to us; they change our perspective, our heart’s direction, and our mind’s inclination. They bring life where there is death, literally.

Before I share my find with you, I must be transparent . . . again! For the past several months, there has been a stirring in my heart, a sort of conviction to go back and review a series He gave me when I first started blogging more than three years ago now. But I have ignored it! Have you ever done that? You get this quiet nudge in your heart about something, and you shush it, and it is quiet for a time. Then it whispers again, and maybe you shush it again or maybe not.

Well, I shushed it a few times, subconsciously putting it on the back burner for later, I guess because it just didn’t “feel” urgent enough; that is, until my life began to collide into two people and I was forced to put into practice what He taught me all those years ago. But He didn’t leave me to fend for myself. The day after this “emotional collision” that demanded that I begin to put into action His love for these difficult people was a Sunday while in church, and I happened on this verse on my way to go somewhere else the pastor was leading us.

Let me tell you, when He takes me to a verse that has everything to do with everything I am walking through, my heart will not let me ignore it. It’s as if He took my hand, unbeknownst to me, and guided me to it, and then silently walked away and watched, waiting for my response, thereafter a response to the call.

What was I going through? Well, nothing new, really, just learning how to love a couple of difficult people in my life, which I’ve learned a long time ago, is impossible to do in my own strength. Why is that? I mean, I’ve taught on this very subject from a series He wrote through me! Why in the world would I be struggling in this area, yet again? Didn’t I learn it the first time?

His grace quiets my frustration; His gentle leading to His reminders for dealing with those difficult people renders me speechless with humility. Oh, but I am in desperate need of Him 24/7 and because we walk in this tent of flesh, we will always need reminders and refreshers on this very subject of difficult, unlovable people.

Join me tomorrow for the verse that rendered me walking dead!
Evinda
2014 Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment