Monday, February 10, 2014

Manna Monday is back!

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Dear friends of CPM,

I am extremely grateful for the comments you all left on the last blog. I’m blessed that Kim (Evinda) has given me the opportunity to write on another topic that is extremely near and dear to my heart- my brother’s ultimate surrender. Let’s pick up from where we left off last week!

It wasn’t just me who became very disconnected by my father’s death; my brother also became very disconnected and through the use of different coping mechanisms, his dependency upon the Lord seemed non-existent. That is until recently. But I never really gave it the thought it deserved until a very special weekend in the not so distant past. We both were given an opportunity to attend a men’s conference and Raul Ries was the guest speaker who elaborated on the topic of repentance. It was incredible to be sitting next to my brother who, like myself, hadn’t attended church due to spiritual disconnect from a living a life of carnality. As we worshipped, my brother bowed his head and began to pray- something that I have not seen since before the passing of my father. It was evident that God had moved him in such a way, as to welcome back his prodigal son.

my brother @ my mom!
I have never prayed harder for anyone, besides my father who was ill, than I have for my brother. And God has remained faithful to my prayers. I was searching for an immediate solution but little did I know that God would use me, the ultimate mess-up, to bring my brother back to the Lord.

During the break-time at the conference my brother and I began discussing how we might be able to share the word of God with young men who have been going through difficult times in their lives. God put something amazing on his heart…but I promised I would not share until we have          prayed about it, but I’m extremely excited to see what the future holds!          my brother @ my mom!
This will be something to blog about in the future.

But in the meantime, let me just fervently encourage you that consistency in prayer builds faithfulness in God’s ability to work in our lives. God’s in the business of transforming hearts! Have a blessed week guys and thank you for all of your support!

Warmest Regards,
Garrett Castro
Castro'sCornerPic

No comments:

Post a Comment