Friday, February 21, 2014

Power Thought for Friday


EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Friday and thanks for joining me today for our Power Friday! Grab your coffee and come on in away from the distractions of life.

Last week I received an unexpected email from my publisher, letting me know it was time to proof the editing of A Cup of Grace. I was shocked because this book wasn’t supposed to have a “conceptual editing” process.

I read through the editor’s first couple pages of notes, which were all about the strengths of the book, and then I went to the following page which had three items that needed work. One of the things was the capitalization of every pronoun that referred to God. The editor had un-capped every single one of them! I was astounded and I am not proud to admit that my claws came out and I saw red – see, this book has a couple thousand of those very pronouns and all I could think about was all the work it would be to go back through and re-cap every single one of them.

After several emails back and forth with the project manager, I was granted permission to put them back in. But it didn’t feel like a victory to me; all I could think about was how much work it was going to be and I had only one week to get it all done, in between writing the curriculum for our next trench class, Transform, being available for CPM, my husband, court-reporting . . .

To say I was overwhelmed is a complete understatement!

But God, in His sovereignty, knew I couldn’t do this alone, and my adopted mom was there to keep me from going off the ledge – we sort of helped each other in that area because she was as exasperated as I was because she had already gone through it and was waiting for the “proofing” stage of the process so we could make our corrections.

But when I finally got over my frustration, and got into A Cup of Grace, my focus began to change, I have to share with you that I am so grateful to have been given that opportunity because not only did we catch some things that the editor didn’t, but my soul was refreshed, encouraged and my anxiety about the curriculum I was still writing was eased as I re-read portions of this book that would now become part of the Transform curriculum.

By re-reading what He wrote through me months ago in A Cup of Grace, I was able to re-focus on what was right and take my focus off of what I thought was wrong! That’s where this power thought comes from:

When our focus is on what’s wrong, we are blinded to what’s right!

Do you need to take your focus off of something you deem is going wrong so you can see all that is right in your world?

Have an awesome weekend.
Evinda
2014 Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment