Monday, May 12, 2014


EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
After Mother's Day Thoughts . . .

Thanks for stopping by for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power! Monday’s Mana from Castro’s corner of Chicklit Power will resume next Monday, with Garret, but grab your coffee and come join me for some afterthoughts about Mother’s day!

As we made our way home yesterday, a day that is probably the most celebrated days alongside Christmas and Easter, I couldn’t help but experience some bittersweet moments, especially as I responded to the many “Happy Mother’s Day” wishes via text and Facebook for which I was extremely grateful; otherwise, it really would have felt like an ordinary day in the life of Evinda Lepins . . . always something worthwhile to share!  But really, what a positive way to use social media! There are so many mammas out there and I just love how we love and support each other!

There was one post that my niece had posted on Facebook, and of course its background was beautiful flowers, lots of squiggly decorative lines, and color, lots and lots of beautiful, heavenly colors. But the words sort of rang the doorbell of my heart and truth opened the door and its message sang the most incredibly peaceful and beautiful harmonies of this truth: Man works from the rising sun ‘til the setting sun; a mother’s work, however, is never done!

I used to think that by this point in my life, my “job” would be done! Now I can laugh at my silly thinking. I’ve realized our children get older, as we do, but life continues to happen and they continue to need us in certain ways. As our kids get bigger, so do their problems! Just years ago, I used to say this very same thing; that a mom’s work is never done, and there was always an undercurrent of resentment there . . . until recently!

See, yesterday, as we were making our way home with a very special four-year-old for a season of resuming motherly responsibilities, I had a lot of time to reflect on that one post and my reality. I can honestly say that God says a mother’s work is never done. I may not be enjoying some sort of Mother’s Day celebration with my own adopted mom, or with my son and his family, or opening presents from my husband from our dogs, aka, our four-legged kids, but something I can say with vehement certainty: I am embracing this truth with a quiet peace, a special kind of joy knowing that He needs all of us moms to know that a mother’s heart is vital to changing our world, one heart at a time and just as He who began a new work will be faithful to complete it until the time of Christ, so our work must continue until we meet Him face to face!

Thanks for allowing me to share some thoughts about this special day, from my mother’s heart to

Yours,
2014 HeadshotEvinda

P.S. We are taking a little break from Blog Talk Radio but please go to the show and upload a past segment . . . there's nearly three years of shows and lots of great info!

No comments:

Post a Comment