Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How to Mend a Broken Heart-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...


Oh, it’s so good to be with you and begin a new WOW for May, which is more than halfway gone! (Stay in the moment, Evinda; stay in the moment!) Anyway, if you’re new to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power, WOW stands for weapons of warfare and/or words of wisdom and they are used to encourage us in the journey, and more often than not, they address something within me that He wants to correct in me and thereafter write thru me to share with you. So from my heart to yours, I want to share with you how He mends a broken heart, just as He did for me in the recent past … and will have to do again, and again, until I see Him face to face! Grab your coffee and come on in.

Have you ever been hurt by someone you love? If you say no, I’ll be totally shocked! :) Can I come to your planet? :)

Why do I say that? I say that with confidence because we are people who hurt people, and whether intentional or unintentional, it is inevitable. I think when it “feels” intentional is when the hurt really hurts the most, especially if it’s caused by someone we've come to love and trust, i.e., your spouse, your BFF, a sibling.

What you don’t see can continue to hurt you, and undetected hurts create habits which turn into hang-ups. I love what Rick Warren says in the Celebrate Recovery © book: “Wounds that are left untended fester and spread infection throughout your body.”

Well, I had a profound opportunity to put into practice what He’s been writing/teaching through me in our Transform curriculum. In fact, I think this particular “hurt” happened towards the end of our Relationship trench class and while in the beginning stages of writing the curriculum for the Transform trench class -- I honestly don’t remember, which is a good thing, if you think about it! I’m not hanging on to “it” anymore; just being blessed by the truth of Him using it to refine me and make me more into His image.

See I know in my heart that if I would have buried it, pretended it didn’t happen, and/or not forgiven the one(s) who hurt me, it would have turned into an internal infection and we all know that an infection left untreated threatens physical, emotional and spiritual health.

I just got this analogy because of something that happened recently with my step-son’s new wife: a buried hurt is like a spider bite, but not just any spider bite: a poisonous one, like a black widow. So his wife, unbeknownst to her, was bitten by a black widow on the face, near her eye, and also on the back of her leg. She had no idea, but within days, both bites manifested themselves so big and full of infection that she had to have surgery to have them removed!

The surgeon admitted that when he opened up each of the wounds, they were filled with closed pockets of infection that never would have healed without surgery. Granted, a buried hurt may not move as quickly but can be just as deadly and requires open-heart surgery!

Join me tomorrow for more of this true story that helped to mend my broken heart… again and again and again.

2014 HeadshotEvinda

No comments:

Post a Comment