Thursday, May 22, 2014

How to Mend a Broken Heart!

Power...
EL pen Logo with heart
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds!

Welcome back to our monthly WOW, How to Mend a Broken Heart! I’m so delighted you took time out of your day to join me for our Coffee Hour! Grab your coffee, iced or hot, and join me for the continuation of this sweet, sweet healing He gave for my broken heart.
So I don’t need to say who did it or what they did because that doesn’t edify anyone or anything but the devil himself. But I can say that had this happened even a couple of years ago – I tremble to think of what I would have done! So let’s move past it for this powerful weapon of warfare filled with words of wisdom.
So the day after, I was crying out to Him, “How do I pray, Father? I don’t even know how to pray about this, how to pray for her, for him. What am I supposed to do with this?”
I sat still, and this is what I heard: “Pray for your broken heart”!
It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it, bringing it back to the hallway of my heart to gaze upon the beauty of the truth; that He will never leave me or forsake me and He weeps over what I weep over; He is concerned about all that concerns me.
After hearing those words, I did pray for my broken heart and then I was in the Psalms, and just so happened to stumble upon this verse – if you believe that, then you must believe that elephants fly! J Anyway, as I read it, I wept tears of pain, asking Him to heal my broken heart and to help me forgive the ones who hurt me.
My tears literally turned to tears of relief and joy as I lifted up to Him my broken heart. I felt so loved and cared for by Him; it’s so hard to explain because we all know He’s not, like, physically here with us, but He is within us if we’ve invited Him in. There was a peace that transcends all understanding, and I was comforted like I had never been comforted before, knowing that because I was allowing Him to heal my broken heart, chaos did not have to pick up where a shattered heart left off. His love in me helped me to continue loving those who had hurt me and whether it was intentional or unintentional no longer matters!
Join me tomorrow for Power Friday, and next week for the conclusion to this month’s WOW where we will dig for some big diamonds in this little verse that I just know will illuminate His glory in our journey.
With a healed heart,
2014 Headshot

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment