Friday, July 25, 2014

Decay is our Enemy! Jeff's Java Hour at Chicklit Power

Hey guys, how are you? Good? Good! I am glad to hear it. Me? Oh, I’m fine. I’ve just got a lot on my mind. I am a week away from one of the biggest changes in mine and my family’s life and there are a lot of things going through my head and through my heart right now, but thank you for asking. :)
So I wanted to talk about something. I have been watching this show called Big Brother” lately and have been getting convicted that I stare at these images with the lamp to my soul, and fill my ears and mind with this worldly garbage that adds nothing to my spirit. Now I have heard a lot of people say to me directly, “Oh, don’t worry; it’s just a show”; or, “It’s just a song; you can’t be over-spiritual about everything.”
At the time that I’m involved in whatever I’m listening to or watching, that sounds good but when I stop to actually think about those statements, I can’t help but think of how ludicrous it is. It’s crazy to me how we forget, not that “what if” Jesus was sitting here watching this with me, but that Jesus is here watching this with me. He knows exactly what garbage goes in more than I do. I see it as entertainment; He sees it as fiery seeds going deep into fertile soil fully germinated and ready to sprout life choking weeds.
You see, God said In Ephesians 6:12 that we don’t wrestle against flesh and blood but against spiritual principalities and against rulers of this Dark Age, meaning that we don’t see what we are really up against and it’s what we can’t see that twists us and tries to get our spiritual eyes to a state of atrophy. Decay is our enemy, not life, and anything that isn’t life-giving is an agent of decay and death. I know I always say this but in 1st John, God says that friendship with the world is enmity against God, meaning that compromising with the world’s standards of living puts you as an enemy against the Creator of existence.
Do you guys remember those bracelets that were popular a few years ago; the ones that said “WWJD”? What would Jesus Do was the slogan for a long time and nothing could be closer to the truth. He is our example. He is our mentor and teacher. His words and His direction are our perfect example because He ONLY did what His Father told Him to do. I never read about Jesus going to a lion fight, or going to the local discotheque and throwing back a couple of warm ones -- they didn’t have fridges -- and getting groovy with the disciples saying, “ahhh, it’s the weekend; I saved a bunch of souls today and healed a leper so I’ll just relax a little and let loose.” Nope!
I read about a relentless man who cared about the eternal well being of people so much that He stopped at nothing to do His Father’s will. And He told us to do the same and be the same, uncompromising in our faith and commitment to God and His will for our life.
God teach me to be pure at heart and in spirit. Please redefine me entirely and renew my filthy heart and mind. I love you and I love you again and I miss you and then I drift. Please hold me tight and plant my feet like a rock in your will. Give me the boldness to declare your love for the lost and your wisdom to separate the truth from all of the twisted thick vine-like lies that try to crawl up the walls of our hearts. I need You; I need You; I need You; I need You; I need You; I need You; I need You! I am nothing without You and I am an orphan without Your love. Complete me by helping me to remove myself from getting in Your way. I love you Lord.   Amen
Jeff's Java
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment