Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Highlights from Thriving in Life & Love from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm still lost in all that happened at our Thriving in Life and Love event we held this past Saturday. Grab your coffee and come on in. I'd like to share some of the highlights.
I stood in my little room watching out from my window as the event began. I absolutely loved how our emcees interacted with the audience; they were both a breath of fresh air for our final event of the year! So humorously engaging!

I prayed for humor, as I always do, and I never know how He's going to supply it, but let me tell you, He didn't let us down! My sound pack which I wore on the back of my dress went out in the midst of my talk, and I went with it as it made all kinds of crackling noises and I crumpled to the ground to demonstrate my batteries had run out! I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it was His perfect timing!

The message He spoke through me was rooted in the acrostic TRUTH-(Trust,Resolve to Respect, Understand your emotional dashboard, Taking the good with the Bad, and Halting instant gratification) and I did a visual alongside the message that He showed me quite some time ago. Basically it involves the lies we buy, which is the dirt inside of us, and the truth we need to learn to take in, which is water, and at first, what's inside of us is all muddy, painful and most of the time, people run from that point on, not ready to stir it up and add more truth!

I've heard from several people that they are adding water to their dirt, and I'm beyond grateful and humbled, excited that He answered my prayer that hearts and lives would change!

Our second half was started off with an exciting round of raffle gifts from our Radical Raffle (over $3,000 in prizes) and then we opened up our Thrive, Not Just Survive, T.V. Talk Show with Steve . . . Oh, he gets better and better and I just love his heart! He brought four people up to play a game to demonstrate that a lot of us don't know how to have fun! Boy did he make the point, but with such love and humor!

The closing was every bit as powerful wherein we asked any who wanted to come forward and commit to the 10 Ways to Thrive in Life and Love by taking a book marker off of the cross . . . Everyone came forward ...
a holy moment . . .
a holy moment . . .

That Holy Spirit moment, when nothing else matters, none of the details, the numbers, but lives and hearts changing, accepting new truths to bring false truths to the surface that they may reach their Destination? Joyful! (tm)

And to the team . . . WOW, each one of you is every bit as important as Steve and me! If I could do this behind a curtain, I would. I love knowing there's you, and my heart is sad knowing we are going to not see each other as much since we will not be having an event for over a year (5th anniversary party) but I am praying that each of you prayerfully consider your new place in this ministry as it heads to the trenches to do some serious life-changing work!

Learning to thrive,
2014062895082944Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment