Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday's Manna from Castro's Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Monday Manna!
Hopefully you are feeling recharged and ready for a victorious week! Victories come in all shapes and sizes; they truly do. But what about those things that happen that are just almost victories? I had an almost victory the week before last and I feel compelled to share it with you.
I was commuting to work a few weeks back and I always take my little shortcut, because it will save me approximately two minutes on my drive and every minute counts! As I was pulling behind the building I saw a gentlemen sitting in the middle of the drive way with an open wine bottle on his lap and he may have also been missing a shoe; I can’t recollect. I drove around him and as I drove past him I saw so much sadness on his face that I stopped, put my truck in reverse, parked and made my way over to him.
As I was walking towards him I thought to myself “I will for sure be late to work…is this really worth being late?” Second-guessing a good work is a device the enemy LOVES utilizing. As I bent down and talked with him, I could see that most of his wine was gone, but he had most likely been binge drinking since he could not articulate words. I asked him what his name was. He replied. I asked him if he lived close; he replied, “Yes.” Then I asked him if he needed any help, he replied “No.” So I told him where I worked and if he needed anything that I would be available to help. I drove away…
Later in the day I remember thinking to myself about my almost victory. I hadn’t asked this man if I could pray with him and ask God to remove this addiction from his life. The enemy laid it on me hard that afternoon as he kept reminding me of my failure, but God ministers to us through fellowship and that’s just what He did. As I talked to one of our members about my almost victory, he reminded me that persistence in praying over the bonds of addiction in someone’s life will give God room to work to work in their life.
It’s human nature to freak out when we realize that we don’t have the ability to control a particular situation, but it’s the outcome of that particular situation that provides us with a new understanding of God’s sovereign ways. When we fully and completely surrender our worries and anxieties to God, he ALWAYS works things out perfectly.
Victories are won through surrendering. I may never know if the man I talked to that morning will break free from the chains of alcohol addiction, but I do know that my supplication before God will be heard. It’s incredible to see how the enemy seeks to shake our foundation as he attempts to remind us that spiritual victories are obsolete in a world that has so many problems. Sometimes it seems that the odds are never in our favor when we look at the condition of the world around us, but we have to step back, breathe, and remember who our God is.
Have a blessed week and prepare and surrender for victory!
In His Love,
Castro'sCornerPic

Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment