Wednesday, July 30, 2014

In Need of some Joy?

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Welcome to our Coffee Hour! Thanks for joining me for a break and some interesting discoveries in this recipe for joy on our way to Destination? Joyful! ™ Grab your coffee and let’s go check out the Hebrew translation for this context of joy in Job 29:13.
The only reason we need to go to the Hebrew Concordance to compare this context with the others we’ve read so far is that its corresponding number appears to be a bit different so there could be a little diamond waiting for us within this context.
Ahhh, this is interesting. This one translates as “ranan” pronounced as raw-nan. As a verb, it means “to sing, shout, to cry out. This type of joy occurs approximately 50 times in the Hebrew Old Testament, half of them in the Book of Psalms,” which is full of singing and shouting of praises to God!
Ooh, I love what this says: “To shout for joy is to let joy ring out”! Now this isn’t necessarily an ingredient of joy, but more a byproduct of joy! Just as there are fruits of the Spirit, He blesses us with fruits of joy! So when we are plugged into the source of joy, we can’t help but shout and sing praises to the Author of Joy. So if I claim my joy, I will be able to rejoice, even when I don't feel like it!
Think of it this way: Have you ever been told some incredibly exciting news and then told you can’t share it? I don’t know about you, but it’s like a tidal wave gushing inside of me, threatening to spill out and gush all over everyone and if I don’t tell someone somehow, I’m gonna burst!
Coffee Hour Friend, have you ever just sung out with joy to your Abba-Father? I must confess, in my current season, I haven’t! Oh, I can only imagine what a feeling it would be, to lose myself in the rapture of joy.
Just this past weekend, God used my sweet daughter-in-love to remind me 20140627_113228that He will continue to use the same type of trial to teach what we are not getting! See, there's a certain difficulty that keeps rearing its head and each time, instead of rejoicing in it, not necessarily for it, I slink further and further into the pit of frustration! I think He's trying to add a very important ingredient to my portion of joy!
Father, help us to be still, that we would soak in Your presence and thereafter be filled with joy, singing and shouting our praises unto you, the Author of our joy.
Sincerely seeking joy,
2014 Headshot
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment