Monday, April 6, 2015

Jenn's Journey from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome back to Monday and Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power. Monday’s come around fast, don't they? I don’t know about you, but the weekend passed in a blur, especially because this was a special one. Hopefully, we all had some time to reflect on the story of Easter and what that means to our lives! Let's take a few minutes to talk about stories.
 This week we started a new Transform Class with Chicklit Power Ministries and Trench Classes United. This class promises to be another growth experience, while exposing the roots that cause our wounds, weaknesses and worries.
It's no small feat to get in the trenches, as Evinda calls it, and begin digging out those stubborn roots. In order to do this, a person has to be willing to look back, to look at his/her story, and understand what seeds were planted and how those roots began to grow. As I listen to the song "Need You Now" by Plumb, the opening lines resonated with me:"Well, everybody's got a story to tell, and everybody's got a wound to be healed."
In our first class, we talked a lot about being transparent. It's a safe place where we can share our stories to listening ears with no judgment. It feels good to be able to do that, and for me, it is a place where I can finally really move toward healing. It got me thinking. Why is it so hard to find a safe place to do this? Why do so many of us walk around wounded, yet trying to hide it and look perfect on the outside?
I am sure there are many reasons that play into why we hide ourselves and our stories from others. But, that keeps us stuck and often those stories get played out again and again. When I got divorced, and realized that I had been in an emotionally abusive marriage for ten years, I swore to myself that I would never repeat that situation again. I wanted to close myself off to relationships and love to insure I didn't repeat it. Instead, God has led me on a journey of self-discovery and healing led by and through His love.
Through my desperate searching of how and why I got into that bad of a marriage in the first place, God has shown me the places in my heart and mind that I have to let Him into. He has not only brought me to this class, He has given me someone to love and who loves me back, who is also willing to share his story and allow God to bring healing.
What is your story? Have you really looked back at it? Have you shared it with safe people? I want to encourage you to do so if you haven't; find a place where you can do that. Jesus came to this earth to be part of the story... and He did it so we can live freely and abundantly. Let Him into your story. I promise He'll bring a happy ending.
Until next week, be blessed.
Jenn
 Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment