Friday, May 13, 2016

Freedom Friday's



We are in for another heart-to-heart coffee hour! Grab your coffee and come on in for some wholesome sharing!

LET GOD LOVE YOU TO WHOLENESS

This morning I was struck by what was written on my wall calendar.  It is something that I received in the mail from another ministry.  I have it pinned in my office and I realized I forgot to flip from April to May.  May’s picture is a diffused sunrise with “Let God Love You into Wholeness.” I caught my breath and fought tears because in that moment (though I have made strides in my freedom journey) I was feeling broken. 

As Christians, we hear often that Jesus loves us.  We can become de-sensitized to the word.  His love can feel so far that it holds no meaning for us.  I have had a difficult week, a week that feels like I am losing ground.  Last night I was watching a T.V. show and a couple was being torn apart by circumstances but deeply loved each other.  They vowed to be together no matter what it took.  Through tears I thought, “I want a love like that.” 

The Lord responded to me by saying, “I love you like that.”  More tears, and then, the next morning, there were the words on my calendar.

Paul experienced God’s love when he was saved and urges us in Ephesians 3:17-19 saying “May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]. (AMP)

Sometimes when God shines His light on us all we can see is the filth in our lives…because we consider ourselves unlovable.  God knows our every weakness and has got it covered – all of His Love for our wholeness! “[That you may really come] to know [practically, [e] through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses [f]mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] [g]unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and [h]become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!” Ephesians 3:19 (AMP)

Again it comes back to surrender.  I can love God in my brokenness but I have to let Him love me into wholeness.  My encouragement to you: Let Him love you into wholeness; let Him restore or mend what has broken you.  I desire to walk in freedom and wholeness…. my prayer is that you will walk in that too.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment