Friday, May 27, 2016

Freedom Friday's

It’s Friday…already! Whew, time’s flying by! Join us for another revelation in Jennifer’s freedom journey! You won’t be disappointed. Grab your coffee and your strand of faith…the knots will be worth tying!
John Maxwell, Leadership expert, states that “Success is knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.”  Most people see success as and endpoint but it really is a journey.  Our purpose is simply a (me or you shaped) hole that only we are uniquely qualified to fill.  It is our responsibility to discover what hole God created us to fill.  Hurt and pain can keep us from wanting to walk in our purpose. We can feel aimless, pointless and worthless in that moment.  
Knowing our purpose is not only essential to our freedom, but is our freedom journey.  The pain that we have suffered makes us uniquely qualified to help someone else!   
For a very long time I have felt pointless, aimless and invisible to the world and to God.  I allowed various past and present hurts to keep me feeling that way.  One day I read in my Bible, “God comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things.” (2 Corinthians 1:4, 6 NLT) 
I realized that God was brewing up a greater purpose that will outlast my pain, but He needed me to open my eyes and see it. So I have started reaching out to others instead of pushing away.
We can be a blessing in the lives of others by looking at:
  • Where God has brought us. What pain in your life can you help someone else through?
  • What God has done in you. How has He prepared you to be a light in someone else’s life?
  • Those who need help. Where are the women who are now experiencing what you once did?
  • God’s strength and depending on Him.
  • Opportunities to be a blessing in someone else’s life.
Believe me when I say that helping others will help in your healing and freedom journey.  Move from being a wounded woman to a warrior woman in God’s army.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment