Monday, July 25, 2016

Jenn's Journey


Happy Monday again, Friends! Thank you for joining me for a few minutes. With all this heat, an iced drink may be what's in order. Grab one and let's explore a few of my thoughts.
A couple weeks ago, I took three days off of social media. I was feeling weary of the negative posts, the skewed views, the anger, the hate. I do my best to keep positive, but being the sensitive soul I am, at times I feel overwhelmed. The break did me good and I will probably do it again soon.
However, the fact remains that there is major unrest and unhappiness in our world. My heart feels broken at times over this, not to mention feeling hyper aware of my environment. Have you noticed how easy it is to dwell on what's wrong? Or how about the need to put an opinion on posts that make us mad? I am amazed at how mean and angry people sound on their responses on Facebook. 
I was sitting at work yesterday, cleaning teeth and listening to the radio. Michael Jackson's song "Man in the Mirror" came on. I've heard this song many times. Yet, this time, it set off the inspiration for my blog. I'll share a few of the lyrics:

 I'm Starting with the man in the mirror; I'm asking him to change his ways
and no message could have been any clearer: 
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

 What if instead of spewing out more hate and anger, we looked in the mirror and said "How can I change"? What if we stopped pointing the finger at others, and looked at our own hearts? When will we learn that we're only responsible for our own actions, and for change in ourselves? Is this hard when someone does us wrong? Absolutely! It is easier to pass the blame and let self off the hook, for sure! But, it gets us to the point we are at in society right now. 
"As a man thinks, so is he" Proverbs 23:7.  "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23
Until next week, be blessed,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment