Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday's Word


Quieted Soul
Psalm 131:2: Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Thanks so much for taking a break and choosing to join us today for Wednesday’s Word! Grab your favorite summer beverage and your Strand of Faith and let’s go tie some knots together.
Have you ever been driving and suddenly realized you were going in the wrong direction, and then had to do the inevitable U-turn? Hopefully it was a legal one, right?  
Well, the other day I had something similar happen, only it was with my mind. I had been racing around most of the day, and I do mean racing, checking things off of my list, one at a time and sometimes two or three at a time. I like to multi-task! Why the rush? Well, I was getting ready for a trip to a very special place where my favorite people are, my grandkids, son and daughter-in-love are: Texas! I was so ready for some of that unconditional, sweet loving; the kind only grandkids seem able to give. You know what I’m talking about? 
So my final stop was a workout at the gym, but then I had a few more things to cross off my list once I got home, the largest of which was to proof 125 pages of transcript. Just thinking about the case could send me off on another rabbit trail, but I’ll focus!  So, there I was on my mat, experiencing Yoga for the first time, and I feel my body sort of unwinding, and my heartbeat return to whatever normal is and my soul became quiet 
In the midst of the stretches and poses – none of which I could give you the names of – I hear Him talk to me: “Go home and turn your computer off and spend the rest of the evening with your husband.”
For just a second, I thought of arguing with Him, but FINALLY I’ve learned that when we wrestle with God, He always wins! So when I got home, that’s exactly what I did. I had gotten a direct order, bathed in love and what I referred to in that moment as a head change! 
Now why am I telling you all of this? Well, for one, God honors obedience in any form or fashion. See, the crazy thing is, the next morning I was up at 6, had my time with Him, finished proofing and correcting and printing the 125 pages, got my other things done, including final touches on packing, and had over an hour to spare before leaving to the airport! That has NEVER happened and I’ve traveled many times. 
It wasn’t until I get to the airport, two hours before my flight, that I discover I’ve been TSA pre-approved, which means my laptop doesn’t come out of its case and my shoes stay on  and I just walk right on through!  As I made my way to my gate, I stopped for something to eat; I had plenty of time! I had the most positive experience waiting to board my plane. I don’t think I’ve ever been so calm – I’m not a great fan of flying! I truly believe all of these blessings stemmed from one act of obedience…which never would have happened if I didn’t quiet my soul! 
The other reason I’m sharing this with you is He longs to speak to us…and often does, but we can’t hear Him when we’re going a hundred miles an hour! Abba speaks to us in the quietness of our souls!
So what do you say…is it time to be still…for a head change?
Loving His ways,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment