Friday, July 1, 2016

Faith Filled Fridays

Thanks for joining us for another Faith-Filled Friday! I love reading this guy’s heart! I’m sure you will too! Enjoy!


What warms a heart? Most of us would think that this job falls to the very blood that flows through us. Miraculously and thankfully there is so much more to it than that. When you think about it, it truly is amazing how many things work together to bring warmth and a beating within our chests? Invisible oxygen taken, sorted and grafted by lung to blood, an infrastructure & network of veins and arteries that give direction to and from to the North, South, East & West of the body. How could a God have figured out such a complex puzzle to encapsulate a life... a beating heart? I have always found such beauty in these things... Going deeper... What of choices, memories, emotions, our very souls? Do these not contribute the warmth of a heart as well? 
As far back as I can remember the world was never so black & white to me. I don't tend to find the answers I seek in whether I went left, right, up or down. I have always found a multitude of answers in the feelings that rode the sidelines prior to any outcome. I seek a feeling of warmth in all I do. I want to feel the love in what I do. That takes me back to something I once heard in the military by a hard-nosed Sergeant. He said, “You don't have to like the job you have but you should love the work you do.” I am a firm believer in this. In fact it has become a lifelong motto for me. I found this other world as a child to get lost in. It's called “Small Things”... In the small things I find solace, comfort and warmth in my heart. So much so that I yearn to project it back to the world. 
A life and its heart have so much more warmth & meaning when we tend to inject some form of substance into it. So what is this substance? It’s the small things. What are the things that have escaped your notice? How can you appreciate them if you can't first put eyes on them? I challenge you all to find them, one by one...and appreciate them. In discovering them you will find answers to those unanswered questions within. Let it bring contentment, satisfaction and peace. 
I won't lie, when you choose to live & love this way, it can be quite vulnerable. Does God not want us to not have this substance, this meaning, this feeling, this peace, this 'ALL-IN' kind of love? Because of that vulnerability many stay clear of it... they know not what they are missing. God gave us these things small as they are all accountable to the puzzle that brings warmth to one's heart... 
May love, laughter & even better days be yours...

~John Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment