Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday's Word

I’m Fine, Why Do I Have to be Re-fined?
1st Peter 1: 7: “…that the genuineness of your faith being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ…”
Thanks so much for stopping by for our little break and Wednesday’s Word! Grab your coffee or favorite beverage – hope it’s iced because we’re going to talk about turning up the heat! And don’t forget your Strand of Faith. I think today’s topic may be a multiple knot-tier!
Have you ever wrestled with God? Ever wondered why things are happening the way that they are? One very large knot in my strand of faith is the fact that He is the only one who can make right what seems to be going wrong…every single time. (Rom. 8:28) I have to trust Him to do it again…this time.
Last week I shared my desire to have a better first response when a major piece of our financial foundation got ripped out from underneath me. Today, I’d like to pick up where we left off…shaken!
In my prayer time, which really was a tear fest, I heard “stay on the wheel.” My first response was, OKAY, but why do I gotta be re-fined; I’m fine! Isn’t this about the other person? Why oh why do I always get to learn something because of someone else’s choices? So after I had my pity party, I resisted the temptation to blame someone for all the new inconveniences in my world and I got back in my own emotional car. I let Him take the wheel once again as He washed my mind with promises. 
When I did that, it was like I received this shot of new attitude that went coursing through my blood stream into the vein that flows directly to my heart. I was reminded that nothing is too big for Him and I do not do this life alone. He is my strength, an ever present help in time of need. He will use this situation to refine me, not because I’m not fine, but because He doesn’t want me to get bitter, just better. See, because of this tent of flesh, and the heart being a not-so-pure thing, there’s always necessity for getting rid of that which needs to go. Negative emotions have a way of sneaking in and before you know it, we’ve developed a not-so-positive attitude, a wound, a weakness and/or the tendency to worry. It’s when I allow Him to refine me that I am really fine! 
Isaiah 48:10 says: “Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.” Just as the dross has to be burned away to reach the true silver, so it is with the cares of this world that tend to weigh us down and make us less like Jesus. As He refines you and me, the goal is to see His reflection! He is solidifying His ownership!
Here’s a comforting promise for us all while in the refining process:  1st Peter 5:10 says: And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 
Becoming fine…all over again,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment