Monday, June 20, 2016

Jenn's Journey

Good morning! Thank you for being here. Grab a cup of your favorite drink and spend a few minutes with me!

Last night I took a walk. It was about 7:00 and the sun was beginning to set; there was a breeze and it felt just about perfect. One of the streets I walk on is lined with trees. The neighborhood looked so quiet and peaceful. I thought to myself how idyllic it looked. But then, sad and ugly thoughts popped into my head. I could not help but think of the people who were gunned down this past weekend…the terror they must have felt, how life changed or ended in an instant, how difficult it will be for their loved ones to see beauty in life after such a tragedy.
 These thoughts changed my mood to some extent. It's difficult to watch or read the news without becoming sad or depressed. There’s hardly a day goes by without a major incident, and let's not forget the political unrest, as well as hatred and anger that seems to be increasing at an alarming rate. I do not watch or listen to much news, and it's not because I want to stick my head in the sand. I just desperately need to keep my mind focused on things that give me hope, and keep me looking up. 
For my entire life I've heard about 'end times'. The very words strike fear in my heart. The Bible speaks of the last days as a time when the world sees trouble as it never has before. Those who have chosen God's way, or the devil's way, will stand in stark contrast to each other. 
What is God's way exactly? Of course, the different religions of the world have myriads of definitions but let's take a minute to see what the Inspired words of God have to say:

“A new command I give you: "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

"We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." 1 John 4:19 

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:43
I could have chosen many verses, but it's clear that hate has no place in the life of someone who claims to follow God. If I follow Him, I must ask for His love to be manifested in and through my life. True love for God and His ways, will on their very own, stand out in a world of darkness.

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 Yes, there is trouble! But God's Love will bring an end to it all one day. Let's be part of the love!!!
Until next week, be blessed, 

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment