Friday, April 13, 2018

In God’s economy, nothing is wasted…not even sickness! EL


Faith-Filled Friday

Good, Morning Coffee Hour Friends. Grab a cup of coffee and sit with me. Thank you in advance for taking time and joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United. 
Recently, God put things into perspective for me and my hubby. It was the weekend and we were going about our day-to-day life, but sickness had hit our home hard. It went from both our kids to my hubby, and then to me. I thought I was fine and it was just a sinus infection. However, it turned out to be much worse for me than I ever expected.
Monday morning, I woke up feeling better than I felt in a week, but I had a horrible pain in my right side of my chest. I thought I had just slept wrong. That night I went to urgent care to then be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Turns out it was pneumonia, and not a sinus infection, and the chest pain was as a result of my inflamed right lung. See, my heart was working overtime to keep up with the chaos going on inside my body. It was quiet scary for my husband and me.
I love how this verse comes to life even as I write this for you: “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?” Psalms 56:3-4
As more doctors than I can count scrambled around me in the ER, my husband shared with me his fears he had while everything was happening. He told me he didn’t know what bills needed to be paid, where anything was in the house, and if there enough money to pay the bills. I tried to assure him I’d be all right.
But as I was alone in my hospital bed, I realized that I took no time for myself, no down time to just rest. I’m always busy, caught in the day-to-day work to keep everyone and everything else going.
Through this hospital stint, God gave my husband and I a much better perspective. My husband realized that though I do it all and was happy to do it, I needed help…his help. God spoke to me that I need to let him help and I need to take time for me, to decompress, to rest and refresh.
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6  (NLT) 

Are you going through a sickness, a change at work, a layoff, a relationship problem, or even a broken marriage? I encourage you beloveds, through the scary circumstances, go ahead and ask God to give you His perspective. What is it that He wants you to see and or change?
Change, I know, can be scary and we often put it off, but God knows what’s best for us, for me and my family, and while I detest change, I am embracing it today. I am thanking God for opening my husband and my eyes to see that we were off balance and didn’t even know it.
Let me encourage you in this truth: He will never leave your side, and will never guide you down the wrong path. He cherishes us and wants the very best for you and me.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” say the Lord. They are plans for a good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment