Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Stay in your now because He has your later! EL


I hurried into my car, pushed the buttons to open the garage and start the car, absentmindedly my thoughts were already ahead of where I was and I began backing up. The slow screeching jolt brought me back to where I was: in my car, backing out of my garage while my garage door was still opening!
Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United
I looked in my rear-view mirror and was horrified to see the garage door midair, and the bottom metal piece pulled away from its rightful place to the tune of two or three feet. I was literally terrified to get out and look at my car. I just knew it had to be dented on the top and trunk. I held my breath as I got out, trying not to cuss myself out for my stupidity.
I looked…and looked for the damage to my car: first on the roof, and then down to the trunk, and I let my eyes gaze slowly, scanning up and down, and then finally, I saw it! The fin on top of my roof looked as though Jaws had put his teeth into it…but that was it! I think I held my breath that whole time as I was searching and searching for the inevitable damage. I let out a huge sigh of relief, exclaiming praise to God for His grace in this situation. It could have been and should have been so much worse.
Has that ever happened to you where you know that you know that you didn’t get what you deserved? What is so amazing about our Abba is that He doesn’t scold us with scalding anger; He corrects us with His love. He doesn’t point fingers; He opens His arms.
That sudden screech of the garage door trying to open and the jolt of my car were great reminders of His love for me which enables me to stay in my now, assuring me He has my later! Oh, how true Matthew 6:34 rings: “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I don’t know about you, Coffee Hour Friend, but sometimes I can be so focused on the next thing to do, or my thoughts can wander over into another day and then I miss the blessings in the moment. Stay in your moments to recognize the relentless love and grace of a Loving Father who watches out for us, chases after us, and desires to dwell within us.
Love,
Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment