Friday, April 20, 2018

Taking inventory of all He has done is a great reminder of all He will do! EL



Happy Friday, Beloved! Come grab a cup of coffee and sit with me, and thank you in advance for taking time and joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.
I am a list-maker, organizer, and like to be in control of what’s happening in my day, every day! I run my own daycare business I have had children come and go, and each time I go through a phase of sadness because I am going to miss the little one and a phase of worry of what child will replace the one leaving. We don’t understand why God moves in our lives the way he does, but as I have been reading Esther, God is opening my eyes. I love how perfect His timing is.

In Esther chapter 3:12-15, Haman had ordered all of the Jews to be annihilated, and it was to take place during the time they celebrate the Passover, which is a time of remembering all that God had brought them through. Imagine with me the children of Israel telling their kids and grandkids the stories of how God had rescued them, and all of a sudden, here comes a letter from the King declaring they would all perish in eleven months! L
I can’t even imagine what they must have gone through, but I know that they received that letter by no accident when they did. All God had done for them was fresh in their minds, to help them mustard up the tiniest bit of hope that God would rescue them…yet again.  
Now, I don’t experience a threat of annihilation, but sometimes my finances do and as I go through a decrease in pay, I wonder why and also how we are going to get by. That’s when the enemy spews his awful lies in my ear, and if I’m honest, sometimes I cave in by believing the lies. This only serves to increase my worry and anxiety even more.

Friends, remember, the thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. God’s purpose is to give us a rich and satisfying life. (John 10:10)

Reading about His provision in Esther, I was reminded of all that God had done for us. Before I started my business we were so poor. We had nothing and went day to day, in prayer, for our daily needs, and each day God showed up. We went from nothing to being blessed a hundred fold. It is so good to look back on those days and remember. And when I do, I can’t help but give Him all of the lies, fears, and worries, because God has a perfect plan for good and to prosper us, and bring His glory. He allows these events to take place, so we are reminded to look a back and remember how abundantly He rescued us, and will again.
Beloveds, if your life seems like it has turned for the worse, remember who sits on the throne. Who knows every hair on your head and cares for you more than the sparrow. Matthew 10:31  (NLT)
31 “So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.”
 You are His beloved and He is yours. Sit at His feet and reminisce all that He has done for you. It can truly be difficult to deafen all the lies, but as you sit and thank Him, one by one the lies will fall at His feet where they belong. I pray this encouraged you as much as it encouraged me.
 Blessings,

Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment