Friday, June 12, 2015

Faith Filled Fridays From Croley’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
I’m so happy you could join me today. Grab your coffee and let’s look into a question: Does God have a return policy?”  Lately, does it feel as though life has been like mini tornados going off at varied times? If you answered yes, well, you’re not alone; it certainly has been for me. In the last several weeks it has been pretty tough and today was my, as they say, “I’ve hit a wall” kind of a day. I couldn’t put my finger on it until I began taking inventory and realized that I’m coming up on my mother-in-law’s one-year anniversary of her graduation to Heaven. And yes I have been reflecting. I’ve had some pretty hard days thinking back on how difficult she was with her Alzheimer’s. Anyone who has had a family member or friend with this disease understands that it robs you of who you are; it literally steals your identity. There were many times I would go over to help take care of her and find she had no clue of who I was. Now mind you, I’ve been married to her son for 43 years so one would think that would be enough for her to recall me. Yet again, I would introduce myself and say “Hi mom, remember me?” and still see the void and blank look on her face; which spoke volumes.
My heart felt saddened for her yet during those times the one thing that would stir her soul and bring life to her face would be singing songs. Now being a Pastor of a church in Colton, California many years ago, she would lead the choir and church in victorious songs, songs that would bring down heaven.  So when I’d begin to sing those songs, something happened… within her mind something seemed to click and you could see her expression turn from a hard disparaging look to a look of joy and contentment and soon she would join me singing with all that was within her, not skipping a beat.
Oh how I miss hearing her sing and pray; she surely could get a hold of heaven!!
We too must often be reminded, as I reminded Rod’s mom of songs long ago, of God’s promises. The moment I began speaking the Word of God she would finish the verse for me. Oh to know that she knew His word in her heart made for such a blessing for us all. God’s word never ever returns void…it’s not empty…and does not have a return policy. Isaiah 55:11 reminds us “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
So when life comes at us in a way that seems like a tornado and everything seems to be in disarray, no matter what you may be experiencing right this very moment or if you’ve been going through tornadoes for a while, know you can reach deep down inside of you and pull out the very Word of God you need. How and why you ask; because the word is hidden in your heart and His word will accomplish what He pleases.
God’s word will sustain you and give you peace just as the rain falls on and feeds the earth; that’s a promise and it’s not something you just forget. When Rod’s mom seemed distant and empty, when we began to sing and speak His Word life returned to her. His Word brings life even at its lowest of times. Embrace His word: memorize it, write it down, tape it to your mirror, whatever it takes that will bring you to His promises that are within you.
His word doesn’t have a return policy; that is something we can count on! May your weekend be filled with great expectations of a new promise from His word…and remember…keep Him close to your heart
Love,
Debbie Croley PicDeb

No comments:

Post a Comment