Friday, June 26, 2015

Faith Filled Fridays From Croley’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Hi, Coffee Hour friends. I’m so glad its Friday. Got a word about standing just by watching some birds in our yard the other day, so grab your favorite beverage, journal and see what He has for us today.

We have a company of wild parrots in our neighborhood and at daybreak, as my husband and I are out walking, you can, without doubt, hear their chirpy screeching! They are in fact the nosiest birds I’ve ever heard. They’ve somehow taken to a flight pattern over our home and at the end of the day, you can see as many as a dozen lined up precariously on the wires just above out driveway.

On this particular day I stood, as they were not disturbed by my presence, watching them as a few would flip upside down squawking to another and I could only imagine what they might be saying, “hey look at me I’m upside down and I’m still hanging on!” Within a few minutes of hanging, it would resume itself to an upright position and continue on to another destination of refuge. Ok. So that may have been a bit dramatic, but my point is how can a bird stand on those skinny little legs, hang upside down on such a tiny little wire or for that matter  stand or even sleep on one leg alone with such control and balance? It truly was an entertaining experience.

The answer: study has shown that within the structure of the bird’s legs there are many bones that are hollow with crisscrossing supports or trusses like ties for structural strength.  Also the bird’s skeleton is extremely lightweight for flight but strong enough to withstand the stresses of taking off, flying, and landing. Wow, this should encourage us that even in the smallest of animals God created structure in their bodies to be able to hold on and to stand with power and strength…it’s already built inside them.

As a believer we’ve often heard in a sermon or teaching “to stand on His word” thus meaning standing on the promises of God for something you are praying for either in a crises, sickness  or maybe for direction in ones lives.  God’s word speaks to us about standing on His Word and His Word alone. The word stand found in the Greek is called meno pronounced men'-o, “a primary verb; to stay in a given place, dwell, endure, remain, stand or tarry, to remain motionless or steady on the feet.”

There have been times in my life when great difficulty came, whether it was with doctors with conflicting reports or when our finances were in shambles, and the world told me to run. When my natural strength seemed to be gone and my faith looked like those birds teeny tiny legs which looked as though they couldn’t hold up to any kind of storm, I knew in God I had to stand on His word.

Paul tells us  in Ephesians 6:10 -17 to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, not our own, to put on the WHOLE armor of God that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy and thus and having done all, to stand.

Today, stand and trust in His control and the balance of His word, for your life. Hang on with determination saying:”Hey, look at me! I may be upside down but I’m still hanging on!!” We are to stand and have confidence in His word; this is where our faith coupled with the power of His word becomes strength to our bones. Proverbs 3:8

Thanks for stopping by Faith Filled Friday...and remember to keep Him close to your heart!
  
Love,

Debbie Croley PicDeb

No comments:

Post a Comment